keyword "mediaopt half-duplex" gone?

Ulrich Kahl
Hi,

it seems so, that the keyword "half-duplex" is gone, but it is
referenced in all (?) manpages from ethernet drivers. Maybe it should be
removed?
If it is wrong, please ignore this mail and sorry for the noise.

        Ulrich

Re: keyword "mediaopt half-duplex" gone?

Claudio Jeker
On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:05:03PM +0100, Ulrich Kahl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems so, that the keyword "half-duplex" is gone, but it is
> referenced in all (?) manpages from ethernet drivers. Maybe it should be
> removed?
> If it is wrong, please ignore this mail and sorry for the noise.

Not all interfaces are capable of forcing half-duplex.
I quick grep showed that be(4), xl(4), tl(4) and txp(4) should have
mediaopt half-duplex added to the the list of possible medias.

:wq Claudio

Re: keyword "mediaopt half-duplex" gone?

Ulrich Kahl
Am Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:13:28 +0100
schrieb Claudio Jeker <[hidden email]>:

> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:05:03PM +0100, Ulrich Kahl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it seems so, that the keyword "half-duplex" is gone, but it is
> > referenced in all (?) manpages from ethernet drivers. Maybe it
> > should be removed?
> > If it is wrong, please ignore this mail and sorry for the noise.

> Not all interfaces are capable of forcing half-duplex.
> I quick grep showed that be(4), xl(4), tl(4) and txp(4) should have
> mediaopt half-duplex added to the the list of possible medias.

Ok, what I have written is not very precise. What I tried to explain is,
that it seems so, that the keyword "half-duplex" isn't used anymore to
switch to half-duplex mode, so the manpages should be altered to
reflect this. See also this:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=112430506805304&w=2

I hope this explanation is better :)

        Ulrich