kernel: protection fault trap, code = 0

Martin Lindgren

after a new installation of openbsd 6.4 i386 that succeeded I get the
following message after rebooting. (the error is repeatable)
kernel: protection fault trap, code = 0

Computer/Hardware: HP ProBook 4525s, AMD 32 bit. No extra
hardware added to machine.

The zip file contains jpegs from ps, trace, show registers and kernel
message
when booting.

Interested to know what caused the problem...

Regards
Martin Lindgren

trace_output.zip (11M) Download Attachment

Re: kernel: protection fault trap, code = 0

Bryan Steele-2
On Fri, Apr 05, 2019 at 04:37:40PM +0200, Martin Lindgren wrote:

> after a new installation of openbsd 6.4 i386 that succeeded I get the
> following message after rebooting. (the error is repeatable)
> kernel: protection fault trap, code = 0
>
> Computer/Hardware: HP ProBook 4525s, AMD 32 bit. No extra
> hardware added to machine.

This should be a 64-bit machine. Try reinstalling w/ amd64 media
instead.