kernel/4612: ktrace with output to AFS file causes panic

kernel/4612: ktrace with output to AFS file causes panic

Ray Kohler-2
>Number:         4612
>Category:       kernel
>Synopsis:       ktrace with output to AFS file causes panic
>Confidential:   yes
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:

        System      : OpenBSD 3.8
        Architecture: OpenBSD.i386
        Machine     : i386
        Running ktrace with the current directory in AFS will cause a panic. I was unable to obtain a trace or ps output, since my keyboard stopped working in the debugger, but the panic was "lockmgr: process context required" from kern_lock.c . This has been going on for at least the last two weeks.

>How-To-Repeat:
        Authenticate to AFS and change directory to someplace in a volume where you can create files.
        Run "ktrace ls" or "ktrace ps" or something similar.