jwm ; speedy window manager

Tuyosi Takesima
Hi , all .

i recommend jwm as  window manager .
it is light ant easy to use .
so it is used on puppy linux .

1) pkg_add jwm

2) .xinitrc
       jwm

3) startx

that all
--------
tuyosi takesima

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

Eivind Eide-2
> i recommend jwm as  window manager .

Second that. It's a good WM for slow systems. But obsd port sticks at 2.1.0
http://openports.se/x11/jwm
while upstreams have 2.2.2
http://www.joewing.net/projects/jwm/release-2.2.shtml#v2.2.2
...probably have to read myself up on updating obsd ports one day
instead of whining...

--

Eivind Eide

"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
- Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

Tuyosi Takesima
thanks fo reply .
i understand jwm's state at present.

openbsd's default X window manager(i don't know it's name) is
difficult to use especially non-english language user .

it's defect is that it doesn't show the state of input method.
jwm show the state of input method(right under) and speedy .

due to http://d.hatena.ne.jp/linuzau/20090201/1233468585
Window manager  Memory usage    GUI     Window placement
amiwm           Small           #       Floating
awesome         Small           ×       Tile type
blackbox        Small           #       Floating
dwm             Small           ×       Tile type
enlightment     Small           #       Floating
evilwm          Small           ×       Floating
fluxbox         Small           #       Floating
flwm            Small           #       Floating
fvwm2           Small           #       Floating
gnome           Large           #       Floating
jwm             Small           #       Floating
kde             Large           #       Floating
lwm             Small           ×       Floating
metacity        Small           ×       Floating
olwm            Small           #       Floating
openbox         Small           #       Floating
qvwm            Small           #       Floating
ratpoison       Small           ×       Tile type
sawfish         Small           ×       Floating
stumpwm         Medium          ×       Tile type
twm             Small           #       Floating
wmii2           Medium          ×       Tile type
xfce4           Medium          #       Floating

is there another light X window manager in openbsd ?
---
tuyosi takesima

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

Henrique Lengler-2
On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 09:59:29AM +0900, Tuyosi Takesima wrote:
> thanks fo reply .
> i understand jwm's state at present.
>
> openbsd's default X window manager(i don't know it's name) is
> difficult to use especially non-english language user .

OpenBSD have cwm and fvwm and I don't know why.
--
Regards

Henrique Lengler

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

Bryan Linton
On 2015-04-06 09:59:29, Tuyosi Takesima <[hidden email]> wrote:
> thanks fo reply .
> i understand jwm's state at present.
>
> openbsd's default X window manager(i don't know it's name) is
> difficult to use especially non-english language user .
>
> it's defect is that it doesn't show the state of input method.
> jwm show the state of input method(right under) and speedy .

If you're talking about CWM, then what I do to see what input
method is currently being used with UIM is to check the "Show
input mode nearby cursor" option in the "Global settings" menu
(the default one that opens up with running uim-pref-gtk) and set
it to "With time" and set the time length to 1 second (you could
set it to a longer time, but 1 second is enough for me).

It also has the option of "With mode" which shows it permanently
next to the cursor, but only when switched away from the default
IME.

This causes the input mode to show every time I change focus on a
window.  The only bug I notice with this is when using TCL/TK
applications, the input mode shows up every time I hover over a
text field or button (like "OK", "Cancel", etc.) which sometimes
blocks a click, but I don't use many TCL/TK applications, so it's
not a major issue for me.

Of course, this would only apply if you're using UIM.  If you're
using SCIM or something else, then you'd have to see if they have
their own options for showing what the current IME is.

Bryan

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

Tuyosi Takesima
i use ibus-anthy

$ pkg_info | grep ibus
ibus-1.5.5          intelligent input bus framework
ibus-anthy-1.5.4    japanese input engine for ibus

and start by it
/usr/local/bin/ibus-daemon -d -x -r

i'll try cwm someday after studing it .
thank you.
---
tuyosi takesima

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

Joel Rees-2
Otsukaresama desu.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Tuyosi Takesima <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks fo reply .
> i understand jwm's state at present.
>
> openbsd's default X window manager(i don't know it's name) is
> difficult to use especially non-english language user .
>
> it's defect is that it doesn't show the state of input method.
> jwm show the state of input method(right under) and speedy .
>
> due to http://d.hatena.ne.jp/linuzau/20090201/1233468585
> Window manager  Memory usage    GUI     Window placement
> amiwm           Small           #       Floating
> awesome         Small           ×       Tile type
> blackbox        Small           #       Floating
> dwm             Small           ×       Tile type
> enlightment     Small           #       Floating
> evilwm          Small           ×       Floating
> fluxbox         Small           #       Floating
> flwm            Small           #       Floating
> fvwm2           Small           #       Floating
> gnome           Large           #       Floating
> jwm             Small           #       Floating
> kde             Large           #       Floating
> lwm             Small           ×       Floating
> metacity        Small           ×       Floating
> olwm            Small           #       Floating
> openbox         Small           #       Floating
> qvwm            Small           #       Floating
> ratpoison       Small           ×       Tile type
> sawfish         Small           ×       Floating
> stumpwm         Medium          ×       Tile type
> twm             Small           #       Floating
> wmii2           Medium          ×       Tile type
> xfce4           Medium          #       Floating
>
> is there another light X window manager in openbsd ?
> ---
> tuyosi takesima

I'm using XFCE4 okay. It's a bit heavy, but I can use it, with patience.

(I need to check my X11 configuration.)

But fvwm, the "default" window manager, is no lighter than XFCE4.

I just looked for window managers with

# cd /usr/ports
#make search key="window manager"

and got a lot of responses. I can't recommend any yet for Japanese. I
need to try some of them first. :-)

(/usr/local/bin/ibus-setup doesn't seem to have a "nearby cursor
option, but I have seen the effect in XFCE sometimes.)

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well.

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

Kevin Chadwick-4
On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 15:19:57 +0900
Joel Rees wrote:

> I'm using XFCE4 okay. It's a bit heavy, but I can use it, with patience.
>
> (I need to check my X11 configuration.)
>
> But fvwm, the "default" window manager, is no lighter than XFCE4.

Do you mean xfwm which is based on fvwm, if so the lightness is likely
similar but full XFCE is obviously heavier as it takes longer to load
up, but ofc ourse it does a lot more. I've also had instances where the
whole of XFCE locks up, which doesn't happen with fvwm. Also one
xfce-terminal seems to be able to take out all the others which doesn't
happen with xterm and you hit process limits.

I still use fvwm1 rather than fvwm2 but that is mainly because I see
little need. Pcmanfm has a terminal here and find built in by default
that Thunar doesn't have  but whilst pcmanfm is still usable it does
core dump sometimes with fvwm1 whilst it doesn't seem to with fvwm2,
perhaps that is because I only enable some dbus services. Whatever the
reason that has to be primarily a bug in pcmanfm and not the fault of
fvwm. I still haven't worked out if fvwm2 is as easy to lock down as
fvwm1 either and the config migration seems to have dropped fvwm1
support now too.

https://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/spectrwm

Is a tiling wm and hacked up by OpenBSD devs. I'd be using that but I'm
not sure I could make it easy for my users to use it (not it's aim) and
until I have time to find out then I like to use whatever I give my
users. Of course that's chicken and egg so it's probably time I
switched and found out. However simply getting a consistent dark theme
across apps with differences between current and release is challenge
enough.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 9:04 PM, Kevin Chadwick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 15:19:57 +0900
> Joel Rees wrote:
>
>> I'm using XFCE4 okay. It's a bit heavy, but I can use it, with patience.
>>
>> (I need to check my X11 configuration.)
>>
>> But fvwm, the "default" window manager, is no lighter than XFCE4.
>

> Do you mean xfwm which is based on fvwm, if so the lightness is likely
> similar but full XFCE is obviously heavier as it takes longer to load
> up, but ofc ourse it does a lot more.

On my twelve or thirteen year old single-processor 32-bit box running
a Japanese IME and stuff that works with Japanese, fvwm doesn't really
feel any lighter. Typing really lags sometimes when the processor gets
busy.

Which is what I should have said and didn't. Sorry.

> I've also had instances where the
> whole of XFCE locks up, which doesn't happen with fvwm.

I've locked up fvwm twice today, but I'm sure it's because I don't
know what I'm doing yet.

> Also one
> xfce-terminal seems to be able to take out all the others which doesn't
> happen with xterm and you hit process limits.
>
> I still use fvwm1 rather than fvwm2 but that is mainly because I see
> little need. Pcmanfm has a terminal here and find built in by default
> that Thunar doesn't have  but whilst pcmanfm is still usable it does
> core dump sometimes with fvwm1 whilst it doesn't seem to with fvwm2,
> perhaps that is because I only enable some dbus services. Whatever the
> reason that has to be primarily a bug in pcmanfm and not the fault of
> fvwm. I still haven't worked out if fvwm2 is as easy to lock down as
> fvwm1 either and the config migration seems to have dropped fvwm1
> support now too.
>
> https://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/spectrwm
>
> Is a tiling wm and hacked up by OpenBSD devs. I'd be using that but I'm
> not sure I could make it easy for my users to use it (not it's aim) and
> until I have time to find out then I like to use whatever I give my
> users. Of course that's chicken and egg so it's probably time I
> switched and found out. However simply getting a consistent dark theme
> across apps with differences between current and release is challenge
> enough.

Yeah, I need to make time to experiment and learn better ways to do things, too.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well.

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas-2
Eivind Eide <[hidden email]> writes:

>> i recommend jwm as  window manager .
>
> Second that. It's a good WM for slow systems. But obsd port sticks at 2.1.0
> http://openports.se/x11/jwm
> while upstreams have 2.2.2
> http://www.joewing.net/projects/jwm/release-2.2.shtml#v2.2.2
> ...probably have to read myself up on updating obsd ports one day
> instead of whining...

We couldn't see the updates since upstream changed the location where
the releases are stored.  This has now been fixed and the road is clear
if anyone wants to give a shot at updating it. ;)

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

Steve Litt
On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 22:11:21 +0900
Joel Rees <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 9:04 PM, Kevin Chadwick <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 15:19:57 +0900
> > Joel Rees wrote:
> >
> >> I'm using XFCE4 okay. It's a bit heavy, but I can use it, with
> >> patience.
> >>
> >> (I need to check my X11 configuration.)
> >>
> >> But fvwm, the "default" window manager, is no lighter than XFCE4.
> >

> > Do you mean xfwm which is based on fvwm, if so the lightness is
> > likely similar but full XFCE is obviously heavier as it takes
> > longer to load up, but ofc ourse it does a lot more.
>
> On my twelve or thirteen year old single-processor 32-bit box running
> a Japanese IME and stuff that works with Japanese, fvwm doesn't really
> feel any lighter. Typing really lags sometimes when the processor gets
> busy.
>
> Which is what I should have said and didn't. Sorry.
>
> > I've also had instances where the
> > whole of XFCE locks up, which doesn't happen with fvwm.
>
> I've locked up fvwm twice today, but I'm sure it's because I don't
> know what I'm doing yet.
>
> > Also one
> > xfce-terminal seems to be able to take out all the others which
> > doesn't happen with xterm and you hit process limits.
> >
> > I still use fvwm1 rather than fvwm2 but that is mainly because I see
> > little need. Pcmanfm has a terminal here and find built in by
> > default that Thunar doesn't have  but whilst pcmanfm is still
> > usable it does core dump sometimes with fvwm1 whilst it doesn't
> > seem to with fvwm2, perhaps that is because I only enable some dbus
> > services. Whatever the reason that has to be primarily a bug in
> > pcmanfm and not the fault of fvwm. I still haven't worked out if
> > fvwm2 is as easy to lock down as fvwm1 either and the config
> > migration seems to have dropped fvwm1 support now too.
> >
> > https://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/spectrwm
> >
> > Is a tiling wm and hacked up by OpenBSD devs. I'd be using that but
> > I'm not sure I could make it easy for my users to use it (not it's
> > aim) and until I have time to find out then I like to use whatever
> > I give my users. Of course that's chicken and egg so it's probably
> > time I switched and found out. However simply getting a consistent
> > dark theme across apps with differences between current and release
> > is challenge enough.
>
> Yeah, I need to make time to experiment and learn better ways to do
> things, too.

I'm *extremely* pleased with Openbox with customized hotkeys, including
a hotkey for dmenu. Please note that Openbox is not the slightest bit
useful unless and until you make customized keystrokes and make a 6
pixel margin on the left so you can always click the desktop.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28

Joel Rees wrote:

> On my twelve or thirteen year old single-processor 32-bit box running
> a Japanese IME and stuff that works with Japanese, fvwm doesn't really
> feel any lighter. Typing really lags sometimes when the processor gets
> busy.
>
> Which is what I should have said and didn't. Sorry.

nice or renice whatever is doing the work. If you have multicore then
it's less symptomatic but I don't see how anything else can solve that
but using scheduling. Maybe some environments do some automated nicing
but not that I know of.

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

L.R. D.S.
I think developers could do with WM the same done with lynx, remove and put on ports.
I don't think someone need all the 9 WM on base system (fvwm, cwm, wm2, twm, ctwm, flwm, mwm, openbox and tvtwm).
That's bloat. And flwm need fltk 1.3.X. JWM is really user friendly, minimal, don't have dependence of some C++ library. I personally don't
like the fancy colours (maybe change to 18% gray or black).
I seconded this to be the default. Also, a artwork of puffy as background would be nice :)

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

Ted Unangst-6
L.R. D.S. wrote:
> I think developers could do with WM the same done with lynx, remove and put on ports.
> I don't think someone need all the 9 WM on base system (fvwm, cwm, wm2, twm, ctwm, flwm, mwm, openbox and tvtwm).

Huh?

carbolite:~> wm2
ksh: wm2: not found
carbolite:~> ctwm
ksh: ctwm: not found
carbolite:~> flwm
ksh: flwm: not found
carbolite:~> mwm
ksh: mwm: not found
carbolite:~> openbox
ksh: openbox: not found
carbolite:~> tvtwm
ksh: tvtwm: not found

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

L.R. D.S.
>At 6 Apr 2015 22:55:07 +0000 (UTC) from Ted Unangst <[hidden email]>:
>
>Huh?

Well, I was MitM'd ? The current snapshot (install57.iso) have all that packages here...
When 'startx' they enter on Fvwm by default and when click on screen have: (Re)Start > WM's

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

Brian Callahan-3
On 04/06/15 19:08, L.R. D.S. wrote:
>> At 6 Apr 2015 22:55:07 +0000 (UTC) from Ted Unangst <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Huh?
> Well, I was MitM'd ? The current snapshot (install57.iso) have all that packages here...
> When 'startx' they enter on Fvwm by default and when click on screen have: (Re)Start > WM's

Or, and this is just a hypothesis, you don't have all those other things
and FVWM lists those for convenience.

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 07:12:43PM -0400, Brian Callahan wrote:
> Or, and this is just a hypothesis, you don't have all those other things
> and FVWM lists those for convenience.

I include CWM and FVWM, I don't know why include two WM.
--
Regards

Henrique Lengler

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

L.R. D.S.
>At 6 Apr 2015 23:12:43 +0000 (UTC) from Brian Callahan <[hidden email]>:
>
>Or, and this is just a hypothesis, you don't have all those other things
>and FVWM lists those for convenience.

No, I can load everything normally...
ok, I'm a bit worried now. I always check the signatures before/after install.
You folks just have the Fvwm and no more?
I usually don't use X, but that's what I see here. No joking.

dmesg
**************

OpenBSD 5.7-current (GENERIC.MP) #781: Wed Mar 18 19:03:42 MDT 2015
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MP
cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 2.01 GHz
cpu0: FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,NXE,LONG,SSE3,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,XSAVE,LAHF,PERF
real mem  = 3217440768 (3068MB)
avail mem = 3152490496 (3006MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: date 02/05/09, BIOS32 rev. 0 @ 0xfb080, SMBIOS rev. 2.4 @ 0xf0100 (33 entries)
bios0: vendor Award Software International, Inc. version "F6" date 02/05/2009
bios0: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G31M-ES2C
acpi0 at bios0: rev 0
acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP MCFG APIC
acpi0: wakeup devices PEX0(S5) PEX1(S5) PEX2(S5) PEX3(S5) PEX4(S5) PEX5(S5) HUB0(S5) UAR1(S3) USB0(S3) USB1(S3) USB2(S3) USB3(S3) USBE(S3) AZAL(S5) PCI0(S5)
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xc0000000, bus 0-255
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 8 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
cpu0: apic clock running at 182MHz
cpu0: mwait min=45313, max=22512 (bogus)
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
cpu1: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 2.01 GHz
cpu1: FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,NXE,LONG,SSE3,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,XSAVE,LAHF,PERF
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 2 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
ioapic0: misconfigured as apic 0, remapped to apid 2
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 1 (PEX0)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 2 (PEX1)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEX2)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEX3)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEX4)
acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEX5)
acpiprt7 at acpi0: bus 3 (HUB0)
acpicpu0 at acpi0
acpicpu1 at acpi0
acpibtn0 at acpi0: PWRB
bios0: ROM list: 0xc0000/0xb400!
cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep disabled by BIOS
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1 (bios)
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 82G33 Host" rev 0x10
vga1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel 82G33 Video" rev 0x10
intagp0 at vga1
agp0 at intagp0: aperture at 0xd0000000, size 0x10000000
inteldrm0 at vga1
drm0 at inteldrm0
inteldrm0: 1920x1080
wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 16
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 1 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 17
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
re0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Realtek 8101E" rev 0x02: RTL8102E (0x3480), msi, address 00:24:1d:fb:96:f7
rlphy0 at re0 phy 7: RTL8201L 10/100 PHY, rev. 1
uhci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 23
uhci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 19
uhci2 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 18
uhci3 at pci0 dev 29 function 3 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 16
ehci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 7 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 23
usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0 at usb0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
ppb2 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BA Hub-to-PCI" rev 0xe1
pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
ichpcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801GB LPC" rev 0x01: PM disabled
pciide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 82801GB SATA" rev 0x01: DMA, channel 0 configured to native-PCI, channel 1 configured to native-PCI
pciide0: using apic 2 int 19 for native-PCI interrupt
wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 1: <HTS541060G9SA00>
wd0: 16-sector PIO, LBA48, 57230MB, 117208127 sectors
wd0(pciide0:0:1): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 5
atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 1 drive 0
scsibus1 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
cd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <TSSTcorp, DVD+-RW TS-H653G, D200> ATAPI 5/cdrom removable
cd0(pciide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 5
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 82801GB SMBus" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 19
iic0 at ichiic0
spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM non-parity PC2-5300CL5
spdmem1 at iic0 addr 0x52: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM non-parity PC2-5300CL5
usb1 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub1 at usb1 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb2 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub2 at usb2 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb3 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
uhub3 at usb3 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb4 at uhci3: USB revision 1.0
uhub4 at usb4 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
isa0 at ichpcib0
isadma0 at isa0
fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0/6 irq 6 drq 2
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5
pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378/4 irq 7
it0 at isa0 port 0x2e/2: IT8718F rev 5, EC port 0x290
npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0/16: reported by CPUID; using exception 16
uhidev0 at uhub2 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Receiver" rev 2.00/29.00 addr 2
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
uhidev1 at uhub2 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1 "Logitech USB Receiver" rev 2.00/29.00 addr 2
uhidev1: iclass 3/1, 17 report ids
ums0 at uhidev1 reportid 2: 16 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
uhid0 at uhidev1 reportid 3: input=4, output=0, feature=0
uhid1 at uhidev1 reportid 4: input=1, output=0, feature=0
uhid2 at uhidev1 reportid 16: input=6, output=6, feature=0
uhid3 at uhidev1 reportid 17: input=19, output=19, feature=0
uhidev2 at uhub2 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Optical Mouse" rev 2.00/63.00 addr 3
uhidev2: iclass 3/1
ums1 at uhidev2: 3 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse1 at ums1 mux 0
vscsi0 at root
scsibus2 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus3 at softraid0: 256 targets
sd0 at scsibus3 targ 1 lun 0: <OPENBSD, SR CRYPTO, 005> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
sd0: 57168MB, 512 bytes/sector, 117081192 sectors
root on sd0a (2b45f7efe5fc7900.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b
wsmouse1 detached
ums1 detached
uhidev2 detached
uhidev2 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Optical Mouse" rev 2.00/63.00 addr 2
[...]
wsmouse1 at ums1 mux 0

Re: jwm ; speedy window manager

patrick keshishian
On 4/6/15, L.R. D.S. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>At 6 Apr 2015 23:12:43 +0000 (UTC) from Brian Callahan <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>Or, and this is just a hypothesis, you don't have all those other things
>>and FVWM lists those for convenience.
>
> No, I can load everything normally...
> ok, I'm a bit worried now. I always check the signatures before/after
> install.
> You folks just have the Fvwm and no more?

$ echo /usr/X11R6/bin/*wm*
/usr/X11R6/bin/cwm /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm /usr/X11R6/bin/twm

--patrick

> [...]
> wsmouse1 detached
> ums1 detached
> uhidev2 detached
> uhidev2 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Optical
> Mouse" rev 2.00/63.00 addr 2
> uhidev2: iclass 3/1
> ums1 at uhidev2: 3 buttons, Z dir
> wsmouse1 at ums1 mux 0
> wsmouse1 detached
> ums1 detached
> uhidev2 detached
> uhidev2 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Optical
> Mouse" rev 2.00/63.00 addr 2
> uhidev2: iclass 3/1
> ums1 at uhidev2: 3 buttons, Z dir
> wsmouse1 at ums1 mux 0
> wsmouse1 detached
> ums1 detached
> uhidev2 detached
> uhidev2 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Optical

sorry for low level response ,
about openbox , all know that
  $ cp -R /etc/xdg/openbox/* ~/.config/openbox
  $ cat
.xinitrc
        exec openbox-session

by the way
in linux , i love lxde (speed=xfce4 , but more modern).

and
i have recieved email.
that recommend i3 ( http://i3wm.org/ ) which says that
i3 is a tiling window manager, completely written from scratch. The
target platforms are GNU/Linux and BSD operating systems, our code is
Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) under the BSD license.
---
tuyosi takesima

12