iwar 0.06 port

Kevin Anderson
Hello ports@,

IWar is a "war dialer" written completely in C for Unix
types of operating systems (Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc). It is
intended for legal phone security equipment auditing.

IWar is curses-based and supports logging to an ASCII flat file or
to a MySQL database (pick the mysql flavor).  It also includes a
framework to use asterisk for testing the dialer.

More information is available at http://www.softwink.com/iwar/

The file is attached, and also available at
http://metawire.org/~hexreel/iwar.tar.bz2

This is my first port, so any comments and testing are especially appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

iwar.tar.bz2 (11K) Download Attachment

Re: iwar 0.06 port

steven mestdagh
On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 02:31:51PM -0600, Kevin Anderson wrote:

> Hello ports@,
>
> IWar is a "war dialer" written completely in C for Unix
> types of operating systems (Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc). It is
> intended for legal phone security equipment auditing.
>
> IWar is curses-based and supports logging to an ASCII flat file or
> to a MySQL database (pick the mysql flavor).  It also includes a
> framework to use asterisk for testing the dialer.
>
> More information is available at http://www.softwink.com/iwar/
>
> The file is attached, and also available at
> http://metawire.org/~hexreel/iwar.tar.bz2
>
> This is my first port, so any comments and testing are especially appreciated.

looks quite good for a first port :)

a few tweaks needed:
- # $OpenBSD$    tag at top of Makefile
- you probably don't need to specify version of libc etc. in WANTLIB
- you don't need to add libraries specified in LIB_DEPENDS to WANTLIB
- can mysql-client as BUILD_DEPENDS be dropped? (LIB_DEPENDS is
  automatically also BUILD_DEPENDS on static archs)  you probably want
  something like
  LIB_DEPENDS=   mysqlclient::databases/mysql,-client
  unless of course you require a specific or minimal version of
  libmysqlclient...  see library-specs(7) for more info.
- you are using INSTALL_DATA, except in one place where you use cp?

apart from this I think the source code may need some patches:

iwar-engine.c: In function `loginfo':
iwar-engine.c:522: warning: too many arguments for format
iwar-engine.c: In function `main':
iwar-engine.c:1249: warning: array size (123) smaller than bound length (1024)
iwar-engine.c:1276: warning: array size (123) smaller than bound length (1024)
iwar-engine.c:1304: warning: array size (123) smaller than bound length (1024)
iwar-ncurses.c: In function `nfilename':
iwar-ncurses.c:365: warning: function returns address of local variable

--
steven

Re: iwar 0.06 port

steven mestdagh
On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 09:16:45AM +0100, steven mestdagh wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 02:31:51PM -0600, Kevin Anderson wrote:
> > Hello ports@,
> >
> > IWar is a "war dialer" written completely in C for Unix
> > types of operating systems (Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc). It is
> > intended for legal phone security equipment auditing.
> >
> > IWar is curses-based and supports logging to an ASCII flat file or
> > to a MySQL database (pick the mysql flavor).  It also includes a
> > framework to use asterisk for testing the dialer.
> >
> > More information is available at http://www.softwink.com/iwar/
> >
> > The file is attached, and also available at
> > http://metawire.org/~hexreel/iwar.tar.bz2
> >
> > This is my first port, so any comments and testing are especially appreciated.

oh yeah, one more thing:  you do want to add yourself as MAINTAINER,
right?

Re: iwar 0.06 port

Harry Tormey
Tested on Sparc64.

-Harry

Re: iwar 0.06 port

Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:41:34 +0000
Harry Tormey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tested on Sparc64.
>
> -Harry

Compiles fine on i386.

Cheers,
Jasper

--
"Security is decided by quality" -- Theo de Raadt

Re: iwar 0.06 port

Kevin Anderson
thanks for your help, steven (and everyone who has tested so far)!
for those interested, an updated tarball with suggested fixes is
attached and also at
http://metawire.org/~hexreel/iwar.tar.gz

On 12/9/05, steven mestdagh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 02:31:51PM -0600, Kevin Anderson wrote:
> >
> > IWar is a "war dialer" written completely in C for Unix
> > types of operating systems (Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc). It is
> > intended for legal phone security equipment auditing.
>
> a few tweaks needed:

iwar.tar.gz (13K) Download Attachment

Re: iwar 0.06 port

Harry Tormey