isakmpd is not writing to a specified capture file

isakmpd is not writing to a specified capture file

posting (Bugzilla)
Hi:

Running OpenBSD 3.8, I cannot get isakmpd to write to a capture file.

Here is my mount output:

/dev/wd0a on / type ffs (local, noatime)
mfs:1824 on /tmp type mfs (asynchronous, local, nodev, nosuid,
size=24576 512-blocks)
mfs:16738 on /var type mfs (asynchronous, local, nosuid, size=32768
512-blocks)
/dev/wd0d on /usr type ffs (local, noatime, nodev, read-only)

I am invoking isakmpd like so:

isakmpd -T -v -l /root/isakmp.cap

Nothing is written, even though IPsec connections are coming up.

Any ideas?

-Stephen-

Re: isakmpd is not writing to a specified capture file

Hans-Joerg Hoexer
isakmpd is only allowed to write to files in the /var/run directory.
I've updated the manpage accordingly.

Hans-Joerg Hoexer wrote:
> isakmpd is only allowed to write to files in the /var/run directory.
> I've updated the manpage accordingly.

Thanks, Hans-Jvrg.

-Stephen-