init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console, sleeping

init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console, sleeping

Alfred Morgan
I'm running OpenBSD 6.4 on a beaglebone black and it stopped responding so
I used another machine to connect to the console and I found it repeating

$ cu -s 115200 -l /dev/ttyU0
Connected to /dev/ttyU0 (speed 115200)
nit: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console, sleeping
init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console, sleeping
init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console, sleeping
init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console, sleeping
Is there something I can do to figure out what is going?
--
-alfred