ifconfig problem with >10 wireguard peers

ifconfig problem with >10 wireguard peers

Harald Dunkel-5
Hi folks,

apparently ifconfig (openbsd 6.8) shows only 10 wireguard peers
for wg0, even if hostname.wg0 defines 12 peers. This is pretty
painful.

Do you think it would be possible to increase this limitation to
(lets say) 253?

Thank you very much in advance
Harri

Re: ifconfig problem with >10 wireguard peers

Stuart Henderson
On 2021-04-07, Harald Dunkel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> apparently ifconfig (openbsd 6.8) shows only 10 wireguard peers
> for wg0, even if hostname.wg0 defines 12 peers. This is pretty
> painful.
>
> Do you think it would be possible to increase this limitation to
> (lets say) 253?

I don't see that here:

# for i in `jot 500`; do ifconfig wg1 wgpeer `openssl rand -base64 32`; done
# ifconfig wg1 | grep -c wgpeer
500

That is with -current, though I don't see anything which looks like it
would have changed since 6.8.

Re: ifconfig problem with >10 wireguard peers

Harald Dunkel
On 4/7/21 7:44 PM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2021-04-07, Harald Dunkel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Do you think it would be possible to increase this limitation to
>> (lets say) 253?
>
> I don't see that here:

Sorry, my bad. Some lines in my hostname.wg0 were commented out. I
didn't notice.

We are evaluating wireguard on an OpenBSD gateway in a road-warrior
setup for almost 3 months by now. It works very well.

Regards
Harri