httpd and dokuwiki

Predrag Punosevac-2
I am experimenting with httpd and DokuWiki on 6.0 stable trying to test
thing before I migrate our current nginx instalation running in a FreeBSD
jail. I am getting UI message that plugin repository cold not be contacted.
There is nothing wrong with network and DNS.
I am alo getting that extension directory is not writeable. Permission of
lib/plugin is 755 with owner and group www.
Does anyone who run DokuWiki with httpd from the base can tell me if
installing additional plugins from UI work.

Re: httpd and dokuwiki

Isimsiz
Hi.
Same here.

> I am experimenting with httpd and DokuWiki on 6.0 stable trying to test
> thing before I migrate our current nginx instalation running in a FreeBSD
> jail. I am getting UI message that plugin repository cold not be contacted.
> There is nothing wrong with network and DNS.
> I am alo getting that extension directory is not writeable. Permission of
> lib/plugin is 755 with owner and group www.
> Does anyone who run DokuWiki with httpd from the base can tell me if
> installing additional plugins from UI work.

Re: httpd and dokuwiki

Steve Williams-16

I'm working through configuring Nextcloud and ran into a similar issue.

Since this is running in an OpenBSD chroot environment, you need to have
a /var/www/etc/resolv.conf for DNS resolution to work from within the
chroot.

It might be beneficial to put a hosts file in there as well to resolve
locally.. for example "localhost".

Not sure if this is your problem, but it resolved my "Can't resolve" issue.

Cheers,
Steve W.

Steve Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working through configuring Nextcloud and ran into a similar issue.
>
> Since this is running in an OpenBSD chroot environment, you need to have
> a /var/www/etc/resolv.conf for DNS resolution to work from within the
> chroot.

Of course!!! Right on money. I added resolv.conf into the chroot
environment and everything works like a charm.

Thanks Steve!
Predrag

> It might be beneficial to put a hosts file in there as well to resolve
> locally.. for example "localhost".
>
> Not sure if this is your problem, but it resolved my "Can't resolve" issue.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve W.
>

> On 24/02/2017 2:53 PM, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> > I am experimenting with httpd and DokuWiki on 6.0 stable trying to test
> > thing before I migrate our current nginx instalation running in a FreeBSD
> > jail. I am getting UI message that plugin repository cold not be contacted.
> > There is nothing wrong with network and DNS.
> > I am alo getting that extension directory is not writeable. Permission of
> > lib/plugin is 755 with owner and group www.
> > Does anyone who run DokuWiki with httpd from the base can tell me if
> > installing additional plugins from UI work.

Re: httpd and dokuwiki

Steve Williams-16
Yeah!

I'm glad I could help out :)

I get so much from these email lists it's nice to be able to actually
contribute :)

Have a great day.

Cheers,
Steve W.