http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#RAID

Okan Demirmen
slightly inaccurate as to inferring all RAMDISK's have ccd(4) in them,
which is how i read, "This system is built into the GENERIC kernel and
is in the bsd.rd kernel, ..." - maybe my fault for inferring. grep'ing
ccd in sys/arch/*/*/RAMDISK* shows what's in what arch(1).

not sure which route to go to remedy this - either list which
kernels/archs support it by default, or not saying so at all.

side question: any way to get ccd in sparc64's ramdisk?

thanks,
okan

Re: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#RAID

Nick Holland
Okan Demirmen wrote:
> slightly inaccurate as to inferring all RAMDISK's have ccd(4) in them,
> which is how i read, "This system is built into the GENERIC kernel and
> is in the bsd.rd kernel, ..." - maybe my fault for inferring. grep'ing
> ccd in sys/arch/*/*/RAMDISK* shows what's in what arch(1).
>
> not sure which route to go to remedy this - either list which
> kernels/archs support it by default, or not saying so at all.

fixed.  Made it clear it is only *some* platforms.

> side question: any way to get ccd in sparc64's ramdisk?

Well, other than size, I'm not aware of any reason it couldn't be added
to sparc64 (or anything else, for that matter).  Size can be a major
issue, however.  Not all platforms can boot an arbitrary size kernel,
might be safe to say "most can't".

"I'm not aware" can also be an important phrase, too. :)

Nick.