how to send a wlan-card into standby? (just not so send _anything_) - questions to ifconfig down

how to send a wlan-card into standby? (just not so send _anything_) - questions to ifconfig down

Vincent Immler
Hi folks,

I just bought a mini-pci-wlan-card with antennas and now want to use it
with my soekris net4801.
I have two requirements now:
a) that card should not be available 24/7 due to wardrivers etc (->
ifconfig <interface> down)
b) but I also want this card _completely_ not sending any emissions or
whatever (you know what I mean?), is this in case already when it is
disabled via ifconfig <interface> down or is there any command available
to send this wlan card into standby mode?

Yes, this sounds a little paranoid and it is not proven that all that
stuff could harm your body, even though it would be cool feature to send
this wlan-card into standby.
Any command available? Or do the wlan-cards already stop sending when
they are disabled (ifconfig <interface> down)?

Thanks in advance,
Vincent