how to compile a debug version of Qt5.9.6 on OpenBSD 6.4 ?

how to compile a debug version of Qt5.9.6 on OpenBSD 6.4 ?

stephane l1
Hi,
I have tried to compile a debug version of Qt5.9.6 on OpenBSD 6.4 with the
mkspecs of the package release Qt5.9.6 and the platform openbsd-clang but I
have linking error on the first lib libQt5Core on version-tag@Qt_5_8 ?
Have I forgotten something to configure ?

Thanks
best regards

Stéphane L . from france

Stéphane L . from france

Re: how to compile a debug version of Qt5.9.6 on OpenBSD 6.4 ?

Vadim Zhukov
You'd better use "FLAVOR=debug make" inside x11/qt5 directory to build
components you're interested in.

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov

Re: how to compile a debug version of Qt5.9.6 on OpenBSD 6.4 ?

stephane l1
Hi,

I have tryed with FLAVOR = debug make in the .pro and I have still this
error :

/usr/bin/ld: libQt5Core.so.5.9.6: undefined versioned symbol name
qt_version_tag@Qt_5.8
/usr/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

Le dim. 2 déc. 2018 à 12:14, Vadim Zhukov <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> You'd better use "FLAVOR=debug make" inside x11/qt5 directory to build
> components you're interested in.
> вс, 2 дек. 2018 г. в 03:06, stephane l1 <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I have tried to compile a debug version of Qt5.9.6 on OpenBSD 6.4 with
> the
> > mkspecs of the package release Qt5.9.6 and the platform openbsd-clang
> but I
> > have linking error on the first lib libQt5Core on version-tag@Qt_5_8 ?
> > Have I forgotten something to configure ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > best regards
> >
> > Stéphane L . from france
>

> --
>   WBR,
>   Vadim Zhukov

Re: how to compile a debug version of Qt5.9.6 on OpenBSD 6.4 ?

Vadim Zhukov
Well, I was talking about compiling from ports.

If you try to compile Qt from sources on your own you're, well, on
your own. find /usr/ports/x11/qt5 -name '*.patch' should give you a
clue how much on your own you are. :)

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov

Re: how to compile a debug version of Qt5.9.6 on OpenBSD 6.4 ?

stephane l1
ok thanks I will try to compile from the ports too..
Yes it was just a Qt problem in qversiontagging.h.
ok it would be more simple to use the ports thanks

Le dim. 2 déc. 2018 à 14:02, Vadim Zhukov <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Well, I was talking about compiling from ports.
>
> If you try to compile Qt from sources on your own you're, well, on
> your own. find /usr/ports/x11/qt5 -name '*.patch' should give you a
> clue how much on your own you are. :)
> вс, 2 дек. 2018 г. в 15:03, stephane l1 <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have tryed with FLAVOR = debug make in the .pro and I have still this
> error :
> >
> > /usr/bin/ld: libQt5Core.so.5.9.6: undefined versioned symbol name
> qt_version_tag@Qt_5.8
> > /usr/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
> > clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)
> >

> > Le dim. 2 déc. 2018 à 12:14, Vadim Zhukov <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >>
> >> You'd better use "FLAVOR=debug make" inside x11/qt5 directory to build
> >> components you're interested in.

> with the
> but I
> ?

> >> --
> >>   WBR,
> >>   Vadim Zhukov
>

> --
>   WBR,
>   Vadim Zhukov

Re: how to compile a debug version of Qt5.9.6 on OpenBSD 6.4 ?

stephane l1
Hi,
Shall I make FLAVOR=debug make  in each Makefile of the modules of Qt in
the port  ?

вс, 2 дек. 2018 г. в 16:31, stephane l1 <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> Shall I make FLAVOR=debug make  in each Makefile of the modules of Qt in the port  ?

Basically, yes. You can play with shell, of course, to run those in a
single command, though.

Please note that debug FLAVOR isn't linked to bulk builds, so it _may_
fail due to some unexpected condition on your system that differs from
mine. And make sure you have enough room for building... And I really,
really do not recommend doing it on HDD, only on SSD. :)

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov

Re: how to compile a debug version of Qt5.9.6 on OpenBSD 6.4 ?

stephane l1
Hi thanks Vadim I have made it this afternoon,qtbase seems to be built,with
FLAVOR=debug
(I See a qtbasexx.tgz in /usr/ports/packages/amd64/all) but it fails on
installation
of the module (I have tryed too a pkg_add of .tgz but it says it is not
signed)

does the conflicts come because I have already installed the package
Qt5.9.6 (so release version) ?

вс, 2 дек. 2018 г. в 22:59, stephane l1 <[hidden email]>:

> does the conflicts come because I have already installed the package Qt5.9.6 (so release version) ?

Regarding conflicts - yes, you'll need to use "pkg_add -r" (replace
mode) to install alternative (FLAVORed) version of package. This is
documented in ports(7), packages(7) and pkg_add(1).

Regarding "not signed", you can set TRUSTED_PKG_PATH before running
pkg_add, or add -Dunsigned. Using "make install" in port directory
does this for you, but it won't use "pkg_add -r", though.

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov