hostapd(8): WDS == IAPP ?

Damon McMahon
Greetings,

In the context of hostapd(8) are IAPP and WDS synonymous? I need to
extend my wireless network which uses an OpenBSD/i386 box with a ral
(4) in HostAP mode and I'd like to do it with something much smaller
and energy efficient such as an Airport Express or similar.

If the answer is no, are there any recommendations for how to do
this? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Damon

Re: hostapd(8): WDS == IAPP ?

Stuart Henderson
On 2007/07/22 22:50, Damon McMahon wrote:
> In the context of hostapd(8) are IAPP and WDS synonymous?

No, IAPP is a protocol used between APs to forward association
details, WDS uses a different over-air frame format with space for
another MAC address (I don't know if that's supported here).