hints on reviving a dead vs4k/90?

Todd C. Miller
I have a vs4k/90 that never makes it to loading the ROM (all LEDs
lit on the front panel).  Any ideas on things to check?  I've tried
pulling and inserting the SIMMs and the molex power connector reads
5V and 12V as one would expect.

 - todd

Re: hints on reviving a dead vs4k/90?

..I'd rather be coding ASM!
I have exactly the same issue with one of my 4000/m90's.

Had a similar problem on a 4000/m60 (earlier version) which I managed to
fix by re-burning proms and replacing most of the capacitors on the board.

I still have one my 4000/m90's though with identical symptoms. I've not
looked into it. Interested if you figure out what's going on.

Al.

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012, Todd C. Miller wrote:

> I have a vs4k/90 that never makes it to loading the ROM (all LEDs
> lit on the front panel).  Any ideas on things to check?  I've tried
> pulling and inserting the SIMMs and the molex power connector reads
> 5V and 12V as one would expect.
>
> - todd

  Al Boyanich
  adb -w -P "world> " -k /dev/meta/galaxy/ksyms /dev/god/brain