hexdump typo

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

hexdump typo

William Ahern-2
My sendbug report bounced.

----- Forwarded message from [hidden email] -----

Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 16:28:55 -0800 (PST)
To: [hidden email]
Subject:
From: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]

>Synopsis: hexdump typo
>Category: system
>Environment:
        System      : OpenBSD 5.1
        Details     : OpenBSD 5.1 (GENERIC.MP) #207: Sun Feb 12 09:42:14 MST 2012
                         [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP

        Architecture: OpenBSD.amd64
        Machine     : amd64
>Description:
        usr.bin/hexdump/conv.c contains a typo at line 96. The list[] array of
        %_u descriptive names contains "dcl" instead of "dc1". Note the
        letter "l" and the number "1". The man page specifies "dc1". I found
        this when testing my own implementation at
        http://25thandclement.com/~william/projects/hexdump.c.html

        OS X has apparently fixed their copy of hexdump. I've submitted a
        bug report with FreeBSD.
>How-To-Repeat:
        hexdump -e '16 "%3_u " "\n"' /dev/urandom | grep -e dcl -e dc1 | head
>Fix:
        Just replace "dcl" with "dc1".

----- End forwarded message -----

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: hexdump typo

Kenneth R Westerback
On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 04:31:46PM -0800, William Ahern wrote:

> My sendbug report bounced.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from [hidden email] -----
>
> Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 16:28:55 -0800 (PST)
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject:
> From: [hidden email]
> Cc: [hidden email]
>
> >Synopsis: hexdump typo
> >Category: system
> >Environment:
> System      : OpenBSD 5.1
> Details     : OpenBSD 5.1 (GENERIC.MP) #207: Sun Feb 12 09:42:14 MST 2012
> [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
>
> Architecture: OpenBSD.amd64
> Machine     : amd64
> >Description:
> usr.bin/hexdump/conv.c contains a typo at line 96. The list[] array of
> %_u descriptive names contains "dcl" instead of "dc1". Note the
> letter "l" and the number "1". The man page specifies "dc1". I found
> this when testing my own implementation at
> http://25thandclement.com/~william/projects/hexdump.c.html
>
> OS X has apparently fixed their copy of hexdump. I've submitted a
> bug report with FreeBSD.
> >How-To-Repeat:
> hexdump -e '16 "%3_u " "\n"' /dev/urandom | grep -e dcl -e dc1 | head
> >Fix:
> Just replace "dcl" with "dc1".
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----
>

Fix committed. Thanks!

.... Ken