heads up - softraid metadata change

Mitja Muženič
Joel Sing (jsing@) has just commited to -current a softraid update that
bumps the softraid metadata version - see the commit mail and the brief
article on Undeadly. The new kernel will not assemble the existing softraid
volumes, so special caution is required BEFORE upgrading your -current
kernel or moving to next snapshot.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html#20100326

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=126960262412653&w=2

http://www.undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20100326172808

Mitja (looking forward to more softraid goodies! :)

Re: heads up - softraid metadata change

J.C. Roberts-3
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:31:59 +0100 Mitja MuE>eniD
 <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Joel Sing (jsing@) has just commited to -current a softraid update
> that bumps the softraid metadata version - see the commit mail and
> the brief article on Undeadly. The new kernel will not assemble the
> existing softraid volumes, so special caution is required BEFORE
> upgrading your -current kernel or moving to next snapshot.
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html#20100326
>
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=126960262412653&w=2
>
> http://www.undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20100326172808
>

> Mitja (looking forward to more softraid goodies! :)

Excellent! --It seems we're moving closer to bootable softraid.

Thanks Mitja, Joel, and Marco.

jcr

Re: heads up - softraid metadata change

Mitja Muženič
Don't thank me, I had nothing to do with it - just reporting the good news :)

All the thanks and kudos go to Joel, Marco and everybody who's ever worked on
softraid(4).

Mitja
J.C.