has anyone talked to S3 about documentation?

has anyone talked to S3 about documentation?

patric conant
S3 seems to be headed back into 3d graphics, have they been approached? I am
mostly just hoping that someone might sell them on the marketting advantage
of openning up their hardware, (how many people would buy a real 3d card
with an open source driver)

Re: has anyone talked to S3 about documentation?

Adam-29
On Mon, 1 May 2006 16:28:21 -0500 "patric conant" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> S3 seems to be headed back into 3d graphics, have they been approached? I am
> mostly just hoping that someone might sell them on the marketting advantage
> of openning up their hardware, (how many people would buy a real 3d card
> with an open source driver)

It doesn't matter if they've been approached, approach them again.  If
the minute they announce their product, they get tons of requests for
docs, they might finally be bright enough to realize that providing docs
would sell their hardware.  The more people they see interested the better.

Adam