hardened php as flavour?

f.holop
hi there,

looking at the hardened php project, it being just a patch,
does not the ports framework make it quite easy to make
a flavour of php which could actually be php5-hardened
or some such?

-f
a kick in the ass is a step forward.

Re: hardened php as flavour?

f.holop
hmm, on Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 05:23:08PM +0100, frantisek holop said that
> hi there,
>
> looking at the hardened php project, it being just a patch,
> does not the ports framework make it quite easy to make
> a flavour of php which could actually be php5-hardened
> or some such?

ok, a bit of a catch:

Attention:
        Hardened-PHP is not binary compatible to normal PHP anymore.
        If you want to use closed source extension with it, you
        must ask your vendor, to provide some linked against H-PHP.
        Open Source extensions will work like before, but need a
        recompile.

so all the extensions need a recompile, but still, the framework
does make this easily possible, doesn't it?

-f
nothing's impossible to those that don't have to do it.

Re: hardened php as flavour?

Thorsten Glaser
frantisek holop dixit:

>hmm, on Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 05:23:08PM +0100, frantisek holop said that
>> hi there,
>>
>> looking at the hardened php project, it being just a patch,
>> does not the ports framework make it quite easy to make
>> a flavour of php which could actually be php5-hardened
>> or some such?
>
>ok, a bit of a catch:

PERMIT_PACKAGES_*=No

I asked the PHP guys explicitly.

But it WFM.

//mirabile
existence. -- Coywolf Qi Hunt

Re: hardened php as flavour?

Kurt Miller-3
On Tuesday 29 November 2005 11:23 am, frantisek holop wrote:
> hi there,
>
> looking at the hardened php project, it being just a patch,
> does not the ports framework make it quite easy to make
> a flavour of php which could actually be php5-hardened
> or some such?
>
> -f

devel/jdk/1.4 has an example of how to do that.

-Kurt