golang for arm64

jungle Boogie
Hi All,

Seems that golang package doesn't exist for arm,

$ doas pkg_add go
quirks-2.442 signed on 2018-05-27T10:48:14Z
Can't find go

Did go ever exist on arm? Has anyone tried building it from src on arm?

Thanks!

Re: golang for arm64

Peter Hessler
No, it doesn't exist for arm*.  Go is yet another language that requires
a lot of bootstrapping, which hasn't been done.

(Editor's Note: my signature is `fortune -as` and I swear I didn't
change it to this)

On 2018 Jun 02 (Sat) at 00:38:15 -0700 (-0700), Jungle Boogie wrote:
:Hi All,
:

--
When someone says "I want a programming language in which I need only
say what I wish done," give him a lollipop.

Re: golang for arm64

Brandon Mercer-3
On Sat, Jun 02, 2018 at 09:59:46AM +0200, Peter Hessler wrote:
> No, it doesn't exist for arm*.  Go is yet another language that requires
> a lot of bootstrapping, which hasn't been done.

There was porting work done on go1.4 a long while ago. drahn had done
work on porting go to openbsd/arm and then later one of the golang devs
'minux' did some porting work. IIRC there might have also been some
stuff done by jsing. I don't know if any of this landed in tree. I ran
some hobby projects using each of those ports of go... so was work done?
Yes. Is it useful... probably not like you want.
Cheers,
Brandon