gnustep

Marc Brünink-4
Hi,

I'm wondering why gnustep isn't in the ports tree yet? Any political
reason?

regards
Marc

Re: gnustep

steven mestdagh
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering why gnustep isn't in the ports tree yet? Any political
> reason?

I'm wondering why there is a FAQ on the OpenBSD website.

Re: gnustep

Marc Brünink-4
On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 05:59:48PM +0100, steven mestdagh wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm wondering why gnustep isn't in the ports tree yet? Any political
> >reason?
>
> I'm wondering why there is a FAQ on the OpenBSD website.

Doesn't answer my question. There's no record about GNUstep (unless
I'm blind). So I guess you're referring to one of the more general
entries. Actually I got lots of clues why the existing
GNUstep port may not be included. Nevertheless it would be kind if
someone could be more precise and tell me exactly why it's not included.

Marc

Re: gnustep

Josh Grosse
On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 01:37:37PM +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> ...There's no record about GNUstep (unless
> I'm blind)....

There was a long thread in 2003:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-ports&m=105214159231998&w=2

And a port was developed in 2004:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-ports&m=110519671300293&w=2

Re: gnustep

Matthias Kilian
On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 01:37:37PM +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> > I'm wondering why there is a FAQ on the OpenBSD website.
>
> Doesn't answer my question.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html#NoPort

Ciao,
        Kili

Re: gnustep

Marc Brünink-4
On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 12:34:11PM -0500, Josh Grosse wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 01:37:37PM +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> > ...There's no record about GNUstep (unless
> > I'm blind)....
>
> There was a long thread in 2003:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-ports&m=105214159231998&w=2
>
> And a port was developed in 2004:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-ports&m=110519671300293&w=2

I know. And the port is working for me! Therefore I'm just curious why
it didn't make it into the ports tree. I guess no one tested it. This is
sad.

Marc

Re: gnustep

Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 23:27:27 +0100
[hidden email] wrote:

[...]
> > And a port was developed in 2004:
> >
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-ports&m=110519671300293&w=2
>
> I know. And the port is working for me! Therefore I'm just curious why
> it didn't make it into the ports tree. I guess no one tested it. This is
> sad.
Well you could update it and repost it here...

> Marc

Cheers,
Jasper

"Security is decided by quality" -- Theo de Raadt

Re: gnustep

Julian Leyh
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:17:48 +0100
Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 23:27:27 +0100
> [hidden email] wrote:
>
> [...]
> > > And a port was developed in 2004:
> > >
> > > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-ports&m=110519671300293&w=2
> >
> > I know. And the port is working for me! Therefore I'm just curious why
> > it didn't make it into the ports tree. I guess no one tested it. This is
> > sad.
> Well you could update it and repost it here...

yes.. it would need to be updated. especially gnustep-make has to be
patched for openbsd - for example the output format of nm differs.

at the moment i really don't have enough time to do it myself.. but if
anybody wants to do it maybe i could give some hints.

cu
JRL

--
If you don't remember something, it never existed...
If you aren't remembered, you never existed...