gmaps vs Firefox

austin
Bcc: Anselm Hook

Hi Andy,

   I have noticed that in recent months that Google Maps works less and
less well on Firefox/OpenBSD 6.4 Today I find that it virtually just
stalls entirely, especially when trying to move the map just a bit
diagonally.

   This is Firefox 60.0.3 as adapted by Landry Breuil, for OpenBSD 6.4

   Gmaps works OK in the Chrome browser that is ported to OpenBSD.

   Attached is the "about" graphic.   (You will see it, but it will be
removed from the posting to the OpenBSD ports list).  Is Google doing
everything in it's power to kill Mozilla?

Dad

x.jpg (186K) Download Attachment

Re: gmaps vs Firefox

Solene Rapenne
On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 10:22:01AM -0600, Austin Hook wrote:

> Bcc: Anselm Hook
>
> Hi Andy,
>
>    I have noticed that in recent months that Google Maps works less and
> less well on Firefox/OpenBSD 6.4 Today I find that it virtually just
> stalls entirely, especially when trying to move the map just a bit
> diagonally.
>
>    This is Firefox 60.0.3 as adapted by Landry Breuil, for OpenBSD 6.4
>
>    Gmaps works OK in the Chrome browser that is ported to OpenBSD.
>
>    Attached is the "about" graphic.   (You will see it, but it will be
> removed from the posting to the OpenBSD ports list).  Is Google doing
> everything in it's power to kill Mozilla?
>

> Dad

Hello

Did you set MOZ_WEBRENDER=1 as stated in the pkg-readme file which comes
with firefox?

Re: gmaps vs Firefox

Ted Unangst-6
Solene Rapenne wrote:
> Did you set MOZ_WEBRENDER=1 as stated in the pkg-readme file which comes
> with firefox?

Semi regular reminder that pkg_info doesn't print this info or indicate it
exists, nor does it appear to be mentioned in any man page of any tool that
I've ever used.

Re: gmaps vs Firefox

Stuart Henderson
Yes it does.
--
Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.

On 8 April 2019 19:26:26 "Ted Unangst" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Solene Rapenne wrote:
>> Did you set MOZ_WEBRENDER=1 as stated in the pkg-readme file which comes
>> with firefox?
>
> Semi regular reminder that pkg_info doesn't print this info or indicate it
> exists, nor does it appear to be mentioned in any man page of any tool that
> I've ever used.

Re: gmaps vs Firefox

Stuart Henderson
Oh sorry I read that add pkg_add not pkg_info...