games/dMagnetic: Looove the do-test

Thomas Dettbarn
Hello.

Please, let me say that I loooove the do-test: target in the Makefile. Thank you for the effort of actually reading the
README and adding something I have not thought of, yet. :)

Anyways... may I humbly suggest a little alteration? I do not know how exactly to do this, so I need a little help from you guys.

The thing is, that the output of my project is deterministic. It is a virtual machine, for bytecode, stored in an ANCIENT format. I took the liberty of handcrafting a little bit of bytecode myself, in the form of testcode/minitest.mag. I also added a testcode/minitest.gfx, to be able to test out the functionality of loading the graphics files.

The way it is in the Makefile right now (Thank you sthen@), is a simple test if the program is starting up or not.

However, if you could maybe do something like this

echo "Hello" | ./dMagnetic -mag testcode/minitest.mag \
-vmode high_ansi -vecho -vcols 300 -vrows 300 | md5

The output should be

9c0431cc5abb2258258063b7bc6678db

You could even put a little spin on it, like so:

echo "OpenBSD rulez" | ./dMagnetic -mag testcode/minitest.mag \
-vmode high_ansi -vecho -vcols 300 -vrows 300 | sha256 -b
KH1aqpFENY/qOwLShelF0vW2ahpiIB3iWhUcJNbstts=

Would it be a feasible approach to compare the checksums for an OpenBSD testsuite?

With those parameters, the output will not be affected by anything written in the .ini file, but it would already be testing a lot of things necessary to play the classic games from Magnetic Scrolls on different platforms.
(you do need to have a valid copy of the game, of course)

Thomas

Re: games/dMagnetic: Looove the do-test

Stuart Henderson

Oh, that's a good idea. Done :)

Re: games/dMagnetic: Looove the do-test

Thomas Dettbarn
Hello.

I am truly sorry... I found a bug, and I was forced to do a new release. I will use the Makefile from the ports and upload a new patch tomorrow.

I. AM. TRULY. SORRY!

Thomas