fluctuating error on chromium

Mihai Popescu-3
Hello,

Each first time i start chromium after reboot, i get this error:
libGL error: failed to open drm device: No such file or directory
libGL error: failed to load driver: r600

If i close chromium and start it again many times, there is no more this error.
Is there something I need to do to avoid this? Do I need to wait a
little bit for some startup initializations?

Thanks.

Re: fluctuating error on chromium

Kevin Chadwick-4
On 1/7/19 9:47 AM, Mihai Popescu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Each first time i start chromium after reboot, i get this error:
> libGL error: failed to open drm device: No such file or directory
> libGL error: failed to load driver: r600

Your user(s) needs access to atleast /dev/drm0, if you want better graphics
support. Not sure if /dev/drm > 0 are also needed?

I assume that is an artificial fix, perhaps it didn't actually close down properly.

Re: fluctuating error on chromium

Mihai Popescu-3
> Your user(s) needs access to atleast /dev/drm0, if you want better graphics support. Not sure if > /dev/drm > 0 are also needed?

My user has access to /dev/drm0, but no access to the others
/dev/drm?. I don't know if the second is needed. X.org starts using
xenodm.
I run a few recent snapshots and the errors are there only at first
run of chromium.
Is there a way to check if an instance of chromium has hardware acceleration?

Thank you.