firefox with H264

Tristan PILAT
Hi,

So far i'm using both firefox and chromium, because only chromium brings me
H264. I would like to know if there is a way to get the patented multimedia
codecs working in firefox like the chromium-proprietary flavor ?
Tristan

Re: firefox with H264

Antoine Jacoutot-7
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 06:08:50PM +0200, Tristan PILAT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So far i'm using both firefox and chromium, because only chromium brings me
> H264. I would like to know if there is a way to get the patented multimedia
> codecs working in firefox like the chromium-proprietary flavor ?

Try installing gstreamer-ffmpeg and/or gstreamer-plugins-bad

Antoine

Re: firefox with H264

Tristan PILAT
Thanks Antoine, gstreamer-plugins-bad did the trick, but as the
performances are really bad i will keep using chromium. Maybe Firefox 29 is
not mature enough as well, I find it particularly slow.

Tristan