firefox pledge violation

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

firefox pledge violation

Martin Pieuchot
Firefox from -current, tab crashes, kernel says:

firefox[86270]: pledge "", syscall 289

Trace is:

#0  shmget () at /tmp/-:3
#1  0x00000b38d9347d7b in ?? () from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so
#2  0x00000b38d994ac4b in ?? () from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so
#3  0x00000b38d8c79eb0 in ?? () from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so
#4  0x00000b38d8c7aa2b in ?? () from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so
#5  0x00000b38d8ce44ed in ?? () from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so
#6  0x00000b38d8ce553e in ?? () from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so
#7  0x00000b38d8c7bfa1 in ?? () from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so
#8  0x00000b38d925495a in ?? () from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so
#9  0x00000b3808396dea in drisw_bind_context (context=0xb37ef35a600,
    old=<optimized out>, draw=<optimized out>, read=<optimized out>)
    at /usr/xenocara/lib/mesa/mk/libGL/../../src/glx/drisw_glx.c:394
#10 0x00000b380839b30e in MakeContextCurrent (dpy=0xb38afd60000,
    draw=14680067, read=14680067, gc_user=0xb37ef35a600)
    at /usr/xenocara/lib/mesa/mk/libGL/../../src/glx/glxcurrent.c:220
#11 0x00000b38c7109b3a in mozilla::gl::GLContextGLX::MakeCurrentImpl() const ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#12 0x00000b38c7113f1a in mozilla::gl::GLContext::InitImpl() ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#13 0x00000b38c7113e58 in mozilla::gl::GLContext::Init() ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#14 0x00000b38c7109aab in mozilla::gl::GLContextGLX::Init() ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#15 0x00000b38c71098e5 in mozilla::gl::GLContextGLX::CreateGLContext(mozilla::gl::GLContextDesc const&, _XDisplay*, unsigned long, __GLXFBConfigRec*, bool, gfxXlibSurface*) () from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#16 0x00000b38c710a8bc in mozilla::gl::GLContextProviderGLX::CreateHeadless(mozilla::gl::GLContextCreateDesc const&, nsTSubstring<char>*) ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#17 0x00000b38c80d977b in mozilla::WebGLContext::CreateAndInitGL(bool, std::__1::vector<mozilla::WebGLContext::FailureReason, std::__1::allocator<mozilla::WebGLContext::FailureReason> >*) () from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#18 0x00000b38c80da009 in mozilla::WebGLContext::Create(mozilla::HostWebGLContext&, mozilla::webgl::InitContextDesc const&, mozilla::webgl::InitContextResult*)
    () from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#19 0x00000b38c80699c1 in mozilla::ClientWebGLContext::CreateHostContext(mozilla::avec2<unsigned int> const&) () from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#20 0x00000b38c806c502 in mozilla::ClientWebGLContext::SetDimensions(int, int)
    () from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#21 0x00000b38c80677d7 in mozilla::dom::CanvasRenderingContextHelper::UpdateContext(JSContext*, JS::Handle<JS::Value>, mozilla::ErrorResult&) ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#22 0x00000b38c8067579 in mozilla::dom::CanvasRenderingContextHelper::GetContext(JSContext*, nsTSubstring<char16_t> const&, JS::Handle<JS::Value>, mozilla::ErrorResult&) () from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#23 0x00000b38c7f48113 in mozilla::dom::HTMLCanvasElement_Binding::getContext(JS
Context*, JS::Handle<JSObject*>, void*, JSJitMethodCallArgs const&) ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#24 0x00000b38c80034cc in bool mozilla::dom::binding_detail::GenericMethod<mozilla::dom::binding_detail::NormalThisPolicy, mozilla::dom::binding_detail::ThrowExceptions>(JSContext*, unsigned int, JS::Value*) ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#25 0x00000b38ca7695e5 in js::InternalCallOrConstruct(JSContext*, JS::CallArgs const&, js::MaybeConstruct, js::CallReason) ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#26 0x00000b38ca765cbb in Interpret(JSContext*, js::RunState&) ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#27 0x00000b38ca75c022 in js::RunScript(JSContext*, js::RunState&) ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#28 0x00000b38ca7696ec in js::InternalCallOrConstruct(JSContext*, JS::CallArgs const&, js::MaybeConstruct, js::CallReason) ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#29 0x00000b38ca769e2a in js::Call(JSContext*, JS::Handle<JS::Value>, JS::Handle<JS::Value>, js::AnyInvokeArgs const&, JS::MutableHandle<JS::Value>, js::CallReason) () from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#30 0x00000b38cad6ae6d in js::jit::InvokeFunction(JSContext*, JS::Handle<JSObject*>, bool, bool, unsigned int, JS::Value*, JS::MutableHandle<JS::Value>) ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0
#31 0x00000b38cad6b20a in js::jit::InvokeFromInterpreterStub(JSContext*, js::jit::InterpreterStubExitFrameLayout*) ()
   from /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so.99.0

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: firefox pledge violation

Landry Breuil-5
On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 11:17:35AM +0100, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> Firefox from -current, tab crashes, kernel says:
>
> firefox[86270]: pledge "", syscall 289

maybe the drm update triggers again the codepaths leading to shm calls
prevented by pledge/unveil ?
try fiddling with the various knobs forcing/disabling acceleration ?
depends on the gfx chipset ?

anyway, nothing i can do here, i'm just the guy pushing random buttons
to have updates.

you know better than me how to debug that :)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: firefox pledge violation

Jonathan Gray-11
On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 11:31:25AM +0100, Landry Breuil wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 11:17:35AM +0100, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> > Firefox from -current, tab crashes, kernel says:
> >
> > firefox[86270]: pledge "", syscall 289
>
> maybe the drm update triggers again the codepaths leading to shm calls
> prevented by pledge/unveil ?
> try fiddling with the various knobs forcing/disabling acceleration ?
> depends on the gfx chipset ?

$ LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=true firefox
go to https://get.webgl.org/
firefox[71928]: pledge "", syscall 289

$ LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=true chrome
chrome[40000]: pledge "", syscall 289
chrome[85649]: pledge "", syscall 289
chrome[23547]: pledge "", syscall 289

>
> anyway, nothing i can do here, i'm just the guy pushing random buttons
> to have updates.
>
> you know better than me how to debug that :)
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: firefox pledge violation

Landry Breuil-5
On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 09:44:40PM +1100, Jonathan Gray wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 11:31:25AM +0100, Landry Breuil wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 11:17:35AM +0100, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> > > Firefox from -current, tab crashes, kernel says:
> > >
> > > firefox[86270]: pledge "", syscall 289
> >
> > maybe the drm update triggers again the codepaths leading to shm calls
> > prevented by pledge/unveil ?
> > try fiddling with the various knobs forcing/disabling acceleration ?
> > depends on the gfx chipset ?
>
> $ LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=true firefox
> go to https://get.webgl.org/
> firefox[71928]: pledge "", syscall 289
>
> $ LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=true chrome
> chrome[40000]: pledge "", syscall 289
> chrome[85649]: pledge "", syscall 289
> chrome[23547]: pledge "", syscall 289

ok, so nothing new under the sun.

with the latest snapshot, get.webgl.org works here in firefox with amdgpu.