eisa0 at mongoose0 ?

Graham Gower
Hi,
I'm interested in getting an EISA ep(4) card to put in my 735/125.
http://www.openbsd.org/hppa.html shows mongoose(4) as unsupported,
however my dmesg is deceiving me to believe this page may be out of
date.

mongoose0 at mainbus0 offset c000000 irq 17: HWPC000 rev 34, 33 MHz
eisa0 at mongoose0
isa at mongoose0 not configured

Could I reasonably expect an EISA ep(4) to work on such a machine?

On a related note, I have an ISA ep(4) at the moment. Are ISA and EISA
compatible? Can I expect to one day see isa0 at mongoose0 ?

Thanks,
Graham

Re: eisa0 at mongoose0 ?

Miod Vallat
> I'm interested in getting an EISA ep(4) card to put in my 735/125.
> http://www.openbsd.org/hppa.html shows mongoose(4) as unsupported,
> however my dmesg is deceiving me to believe this page may be out of
> date.
>
> mongoose0 at mainbus0 offset c000000 irq 17: HWPC000 rev 34, 33 MHz
> eisa0 at mongoose0
> isa at mongoose0 not configured
>
> Could I reasonably expect an EISA ep(4) to work on such a machine?

No, not yet. I am working on this on rainy days, but the main problem
left to solve at the moment is getting interrupts from the EISA bus.

> On a related note, I have an ISA ep(4) at the moment. Are ISA and EISA
> compatible? Can I expect to one day see isa0 at mongoose0 ?

isa cards can physically fit in eisa slots. An isa attachment could be
done, but will suffer from the same lack of interrupts problem as eisa
at the moment.

Miod