duplicity backup to hubic - bunch of new deps

duplicity backup to hubic - bunch of new deps

viq .
Process in large part inspired by
https://gist.github.com/molobrakos/ff1620ce6031c99f120b and all ports
are present at https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/

Basic goal: encrypted offsite backups, without paying much for them.
Duplicity (especially when wrapped in duply, but about that later)
provides the former, hubic seems to provide the latter. But enabling
this required quite a bit of dependent ports and updating duplicity.
Ports attached in separate tarballs, with dependency graph ;) Red are
new, blue updated, black existing.
Going from the top:
=====
cat net/py-pyrax/pkg/DESCR
A library for working with most OpenStack-based cloud deployments,
though it originally targeted the Rackspace public cloud. For example,
the code for cloudfiles contains the ability to publish your content
on Rackspace's CDN network, even though CDN support is not part of
OpenStack Swift. But if you don't use any of the CDN-related code,
your app will work fine on any standard Swift deployment.

=====
cat net/py-swiftclient/pkg/DESCR
This is a python client for the Swift API. There's a Python API (the
``swiftclient`` module), and a command-line script (``swift``).

This code is based on the original client previously included with
OpenStack's swift -- a highly available, distributed, eventually
consistent object/blob store.

WWW: http://launchpad.net/python-swiftclient

=====
cat net/py-novaclient/pkg/DESCR
This is a client for the OpenStack Nova API. There's a Python
API (the novaclient module), and a command-line script (nova).
Each implements 100% of the OpenStack Nova API.

=====
cat net/py-keystoneclient/pkg/DESCR
his is a client for the OpenStack Identity API, implemented by
Keystone. There’s a Python API (the keystoneclient module), and a
command-line script (keystone).

=====
cat devel/py-oslo-serialization/pkg/DESCR
The oslo.serialization library provides support for representing
objects in transmittable and storable formats, such as JSON and
MessagePack.

=====
cat devel/py-oslo-config/pkg/DESCR
slo configuration API supports parsing command line arguments and
.ini style configuration files.

=====
cat devel/py-stevedore/pkg/DESCR
Python makes loading code dynamically easy, allowing you to configure
and extend your application by discovering and loading extensions
(“plugins”) at runtime. Many applications implement their own
library for doing this, using __import__ or importlib. stevedore
avoids creating yet another extension mechanism by building on top
of setuptools entry points. The code for managing entry points tends
to be repetitive, though, so stevedore provides manager classes for
implementing common patterns for using dynamically loaded extensions.

=====
cat devel/py-oslo-utils/pkg/DESCR
The oslo.utils library provides support for common utility type
functions, such as encoding, exception handling, string manipulation,
and time handling.

=====
cat devel/py-oslo-i18n/pkg/DESCR
The oslo.i18n library contain utilities for working with
internationalization (i18n) features, especially translation for text
strings in an application or library.

=====
cat devel/py-debtcollector/pkg/DESCR
A collection of Python deprecation patterns and strategies that help
you collect your technical debt in a non-destructive manner.

=====
cat devel/py-wrapt/pkg/DESCR
The aim of the wrapt module is to provide a transparent object proxy
for Python, which can be used as the basis for the construction of
function wrappers and decorator functions.

The wrapt module focuses very much on correctness. It therefore
goes way beyond existing mechanisms such as functools.wraps() to
ensure that decorators preserve introspectability, signatures, type
checking abilities etc. The decorators that can be constructed using
this module will work in far more scenarios than typical decorators
and provide more predictable and consistent behaviour.

To ensure that the overhead is as minimal as possible, a C extension
module is used for performance critical components. An automatic
fallback to a pure Python implementation is also provided where a
target system does not have a compiler to allow the C extension to
be compiled.

=====
cat net/py-netifaces/pkg/DESCR
It’s been annoying me for some time that there’s no easy way
to get the address(es) of the machine’s network interfaces from
Python. There is a good reason for this difficulty, which is that
it is virtually impossible to do so in a portable manner. However,
it seems to me that there should be a package you can easy_install
that will take care of working out the details of doing so on the
machine you’re using, then you can get on with writing Python code
without concerning yourself with the nitty gritty of system-dependent
low-level networking APIs.

This package attempts to solve that problem.

=====
cat devel/py-pbr/pkg/DESCR
PBR is a library that injects some useful and sensible default
behaviors into your setuptools run. It started off life as the chunks
of code that were copied between all of the OpenStack projects. Around
the time that OpenStack hit 18 different projects each with at least
3 active branches, it seems like a good time to make that code into
a proper re-usable library.

=====

py-netifaces segfaults when trying to display routes, but it does so on
FreeBSD as well. My C is too atrophied to know which side to approach
this from.

Otherwise this set of ports allows
https://github.com/puzzle1536/hubic-wrapper-to-swift to run and list
stuff, and duplicity as driven by duply work with hubic.

For now just updated duplicity to 0.7.x version, do we want to do that,
or keep both versions in tree? Currently their site lists 0.6 as in the
process of being deprecated, while 0.7 is listed as development
release.

There need to be some decisions made regarding which version of gpg to
use, but I guess that can happen when I have a version of duply that's
presentable. Current one works from what I can tell, but sure ain't
pretty.
--
viq <[hidden email]>

deps.dot (3K) Download Attachment
deps.dot.png (368K) Download Attachment
duplicity.tar.gz (5K) Download Attachment
py-debtcollector.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment
py-keystoneclient.tar.gz (4K) Download Attachment
py-netifaces.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment
py-novaclient.tar.gz (3K) Download Attachment
py-oslo-config.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment
py-oslo-i18n.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment
py-oslo-serialization.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment
py-oslo-utils.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment
py-pbr.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment
py-pyrax.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment
py-stevedore.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment
py-swiftclient.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment
py-wrapt.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Fwd: duplicity backup to hubic - bunch of new deps

viq .
Resending since it didn't make it to the list.

py-swiftclient.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment
py-wrapt.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: duplicity backup to hubic - bunch of new deps

viq .
Ping.
viq

Re: duplicity backup to hubic - bunch of new deps

Giovanni Bechis-7
On 06/28/15 17:25, viq wrote:
> Process in large part inspired by
> https://gist.github.com/molobrakos/ff1620ce6031c99f120b and all ports
> are present at https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/

I tested only duplicity upgrade and I cannot do incremental backups anymore.

To reproduce:
Install duplicity-0.6.26
$ duplicity --full-if-older-than 1W /tmp scp://$server/bk --ssh-askpass

Upgrade to duplicity-0.7.02
$ duplicity --full-if-older-than 1W /tmp scp://$server/bk --ssh-askpass
Password for 'giovanni@$server':
Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
Last full backup date: Tue Jul  7 13:08:51 2015
GnuPG passphrase:
Retype passphrase to confirm:
Attempt 1 failed. BackendException: scp get duplicity-full.20150707T110851Z.manifest.gpg failed: incorrect response 'C0600 291 duplicity-full.20150707T110851Z.manifest.gpg'

 Cheers
  Giovanni

duplicity-0.7.02.diff (15K) Download Attachment

On 7 Jul 2015 13:18, "Giovanni Bechis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/28/15 17:25, viq wrote:
> > Process in large part inspired by
> > https://gist.github.com/molobrakos/ff1620ce6031c99f120b and all ports
> > are present at https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/
> >
> I tested only duplicity upgrade and I cannot do incremental backups
anymore.

Thanks for looking, I'll try and see what's going on.

On 07/08/15 09:52, viq wrote:

> On 7 Jul 2015 13:18, "Giovanni Bechis" <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> On 06/28/15 17:25, viq wrote:
>> > Process in large part inspired by
>> > https://gist.github.com/molobrakos/ff1620ce6031c99f120b and all ports
>> > are present at https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/
>> >
>> I tested only duplicity upgrade and I cannot do incremental backups anymore.
>
> Thanks for looking, I'll try and see what's going on.

Untested but it could be that:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1434702
 Cheers
  Giovanni

On 07/08/15 18:19, Giovanni Bechis wrote:

> On 07/08/15 09:52, viq wrote:

>>> I tested only duplicity upgrade and I cannot do incremental backups anymore.
>>
>> Thanks for looking, I'll try and see what's going on.
>>
> Untested but it could be that:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1434702
>  Cheers
>   Giovanni

Fixed in 0.7.03, diff attached.
Anybody want to test with deja-dup ?
 Cheers
  Giovanni

duplicity-0.7.03.diff (15K) Download Attachment

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Giovanni Bechis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/28/15 17:25, viq wrote:
>> Process in large part inspired by
>> https://gist.github.com/molobrakos/ff1620ce6031c99f120b and all ports
>> are present at https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/
>>
> I tested only duplicity upgrade and I cannot do incremental backups anymore.
>
> To reproduce:
> Install duplicity-0.6.26
> $ duplicity --full-if-older-than 1W /tmp scp://$server/bk --ssh-askpass
>
> Upgrade to duplicity-0.7.02
> $ duplicity --full-if-older-than 1W /tmp scp://$server/bk --ssh-askpass
> Password for 'giovanni@$server':
> Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
> Last full backup date: Tue Jul  7 13:08:51 2015
> GnuPG passphrase:
> Retype passphrase to confirm:
> Attempt 1 failed. BackendException: scp get duplicity-full.20150707T110851Z.manifest.gpg failed: incorrect response 'C0600 291 duplicity-full.20150707T110851Z.manifest.gpg'

Which version of GnuPG do you have installed? Due to duply, which I
was intending to use with it, I patched it to use gnupg2.
viq

On 07/08/15 22:09, viq wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Giovanni Bechis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 06/28/15 17:25, viq wrote:
>>> Process in large part inspired by
>>> https://gist.github.com/molobrakos/ff1620ce6031c99f120b and all ports
>>> are present at https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/
>>>
>> I tested only duplicity upgrade and I cannot do incremental backups anymore.
>>
>> To reproduce:
>> Install duplicity-0.6.26
>> $ duplicity --full-if-older-than 1W /tmp scp://$server/bk --ssh-askpass
>>
>> Upgrade to duplicity-0.7.02
>> $ duplicity --full-if-older-than 1W /tmp scp://$server/bk --ssh-askpass
>> Password for 'giovanni@$server':
>> Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
>> Last full backup date: Tue Jul  7 13:08:51 2015
>> GnuPG passphrase:
>> Retype passphrase to confirm:
>> Attempt 1 failed. BackendException: scp get duplicity-full.20150707T110851Z.manifest.gpg failed: incorrect response 'C0600 291 duplicity-full.20150707T110851Z.manifest.gpg'
>
> Which version of GnuPG do you have installed? Due to duply, which I
> was intending to use with it, I patched it to use gnupg2.

dependency on gnupg2 was missing, new diff attached.
 Cheers
  Giovanni

duplicity-0.7.03.diff (16K) Download Attachment

Re: duplicity backup to hubic - bunch of new deps

viq .
I pushed a version with equivalent changes to openbsd-wip, if you want
to try from there.

viq

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 1:14 PM, viq <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I pushed a version with equivalent changes to openbsd-wip, if you want
> to try from there.

And here's a patch against CVS.
--
viq

duplicity-0.7.03.diff (22K) Download Attachment

On 07/09/15 22:20, viq wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 1:14 PM, viq <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I pushed a version with equivalent changes to openbsd-wip, if you want
>> to try from there.
>
> And here's a patch against CVS.

attached a patch that applies on current, py-pyrax do not exist yet; I do not like adding all those deps to duplicity, maybe it would be better to add a README file in which we instruct users that py-pyrax should be installed to be able to play with Hubic.
Comments ? ok ?
 Cheers
  Giovanni

duplicity-0.7.03.diff (18K) Download Attachment

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Giovanni Bechis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 07/09/15 22:20, viq wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 1:14 PM, viq <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I pushed a version with equivalent changes to openbsd-wip, if you want
>>> to try from there.
>>
>> And here's a patch against CVS.
>>
> attached a patch that applies on current, py-pyrax do not exist yet; I do not like adding all those deps to duplicity, maybe it would be better to add a README file in which we instruct users that py-pyrax should be installed to be able to play with Hubic.

Yeah, that works for me. Maybe even mention other backends there as
well, though I think it's at least partially covered in the man page.

viq

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 4:12 PM, viq <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Giovanni Bechis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> And here's a patch against CVS.
>>>
>> attached a patch that applies on current, py-pyrax do not exist yet; I do not like adding all those deps to duplicity, maybe it would be better to add a README file in which we instruct users that py-pyrax should be installed to be able to play with Hubic.
>
> Yeah, that works for me. Maybe even mention other backends there as
> well, though I think it's at least partially covered in the man page.

Anyone? I guess at this moment stage 1, ie let's get updated duplicity
into the tree. But I'd appreciate some comments regarding state 2,
adding pyrax and deps.

viq

On 07/13/15 15:50, viq wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 4:12 PM, viq <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> attached a patch that applies on current, py-pyrax do not exist yet; I do not like adding all those deps to duplicity, maybe it would be better to add a README file in which we instruct users that py-pyrax should be installed to be able to play with Hubic.
>>
>> Yeah, that works for me. Maybe even mention other backends there as
>> well, though I think it's at least partially covered in the man page.
>
> Anyone? I guess at this moment stage 1, ie let's get updated duplicity
> into the tree. But I'd appreciate some comments regarding state 2,
> adding pyrax and deps.

step 1: please test that x11/deja-dup still works correctly

 Cheers
  Giovanni

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 8:20 PM, Giovanni Bechis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 07/13/15 15:50, viq wrote:

>>> Yeah, that works for me. Maybe even mention other backends there as
>>> well, though I think it's at least partially covered in the man page.
>>
>> Anyone? I guess at this moment stage 1, ie let's get updated duplicity
>> into the tree. But I'd appreciate some comments regarding state 2,
>> adding pyrax and deps.
>>
> step 1: please test that x11/deja-dup still works correctly

From a quick test (backup, restore to different location, update
duplicity, change a file, backup, restore to a new location, restore
first backup to a different location, diff restore locations) deja-dup
seems to work fine.
viq

Re: duplicity backup to hubic - bunch of new deps

Brad Smith-14
On 07/17/15 19:17, viq wrote:

>>> Anyone? I guess at this moment stage 1, ie let's get updated duplicity
>>> into the tree. But I'd appreciate some comments regarding state 2,
>>> adding pyrax and deps.

This is a development release not a stable release.

believed to be clean.

Re: duplicity backup to hubic - bunch of new deps

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas-2
Brad Smith <[hidden email]> writes:

> This is a development release not a stable release.

I also feel concerned; backups are the kind of thing you don't want to
get wrong.

Sorry for not chiming in earlier.
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE

On 18 Jul 2015 1:49 am, "Brad Smith" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is a development release not a stable release.

The comment on their site makes me feel like they don't have a stable
release, only development and deprecated:
Please NOTE: The 0.6 series is in the process of being deprecated and the
0.6.26 release is the last release of the series that will receive new
additions or enhancements. It will continue to receive critical bug fixes
to support distributions with long term support. The major focus of
development will be on the 0.7 series.

Maybe it would make sense then to have both 0.6 and 0.7 in the tree?

On 07/18/15 05:20, viq wrote:

>> This is a development release not a stable release.
>
> The comment on their site makes me feel like they don't have a stable
> release, only development and deprecated:
> Please NOTE: The 0.6 series is in the process of being deprecated and the
> 0.6.26 release is the last release of the series that will receive new
> additions or enhancements. It will continue to receive critical bug fixes
> to support distributions with long term support. The major focus of
> development will be on the 0.7 series.
>
> Maybe it would make sense then to have both 0.6 and 0.7 in the tree?

3 lines up from that..

The current stable release is 0.6.26, released May 6, 2015.

believed to be clean.

12