dpb doesn't forget invalid distfile

Christian Weisgerber
A while back, education/anki was updated to 2.0.52.  dpb -F tried to
fetch it, but failed.  Shortly afterwards, the anki port was marked
BROKEN.  Ever since, dpb on this machine has kept reporting this
fetch error:
E=education/anki:anki-2.0.52-source.tgz

It simply doesn't forget.

There is no such error on machines where dpb did not perform a fetch
run during the brief window when anki-2.0.52 was enabled.

Clearly, dpb remembers something, somewhere, but I can't find it.
What do I need to delete to get rid of this persistent fetch error?

Re: dpb doesn't forget invalid distfile

Solene Rapenne
On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 10:28:31PM +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> A while back, education/anki was updated to 2.0.52.  dpb -F tried to
> fetch it, but failed.  Shortly afterwards, the anki port was marked
> BROKEN.  Ever since, dpb on this machine has kept reporting this
> fetch error:
> E=education/anki:anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
>
> It simply doesn't forget.
>
> There is no such error on machines where dpb did not perform a fetch
> run during the brief window when anki-2.0.52 was enabled.
>
> Clearly, dpb remembers something, somewhere, but I can't find it.
> What do I need to delete to get rid of this persistent fetch error?
>
> --
> Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [hidden email]

Did you clean the distfile fetch lock in $PORTSDIR/logs/$arch/locks/?

Re: dpb doesn't forget invalid distfile

Marc Espie-2
On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 10:28:31PM +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> A while back, education/anki was updated to 2.0.52.  dpb -F tried to
> fetch it, but failed.  Shortly afterwards, the anki port was marked
> BROKEN.  Ever since, dpb on this machine has kept reporting this
> fetch error:
> E=education/anki:anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
>
> It simply doesn't forget.
>
> There is no such error on machines where dpb did not perform a fetch
> run during the brief window when anki-2.0.52 was enabled.
>
> Clearly, dpb remembers something, somewhere, but I can't find it.
> What do I need to delete to get rid of this persistent fetch error?

Strange
Look in distfiles/history ?

Re: dpb doesn't forget invalid distfile

Christian Weisgerber
Solene Rapenne:

> Did you clean the distfile fetch lock in $PORTSDIR/logs/$arch/locks/?

Yes.

Re: dpb doesn't forget invalid distfile

Christian Weisgerber
Marc Espie:

> > E=education/anki:anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
> > What do I need to delete to get rid of this persistent fetch error?
>
> Look in distfiles/history ?

It's not in distfiles/history or distfiles/distinfo.
There were entries in distfiles/build-stats/amd64 that I removed
to no result.

Re: dpb doesn't forget invalid distfile

Marc Espie-2
On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 10:28:31PM +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> A while back, education/anki was updated to 2.0.52.  dpb -F tried to
> fetch it, but failed.  Shortly afterwards, the anki port was marked
> BROKEN.  Ever since, dpb on this machine has kept reporting this
> fetch error:
> E=education/anki:anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
>
> It simply doesn't forget.
>
> There is no such error on machines where dpb did not perform a fetch
> run during the brief window when anki-2.0.52 was enabled.
>
> Clearly, dpb remembers something, somewhere, but I can't find it.
> What do I need to delete to get rid of this persistent fetch error?

Well, now that I got more than five minutes.

How about some actual logs ? like what's in the lock ?

and what's in the dist/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz.log file ?

you know, that might help.

Re: dpb doesn't forget invalid distfile

Christian Weisgerber
Marc Espie:

> > E=education/anki:anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
> >
> > What do I need to delete to get rid of this persistent fetch error?
>
> How about some actual logs ? like what's in the lock ?

locked=education/anki:anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
dpb=23845 on ariolc.mips.inka.de

> and what's in the dist/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz.log file ?

>>> From education/anki
===> Trying https://apps.ankiweb.net/downloads/current/
/usr/bin/ftp -C -o /usr/ports/distfiles/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz.part -v https://apps.ankiweb.net/downloads/current/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
Trying 104.25.224.113...
Requesting https://apps.ankiweb.net/downloads/current/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
ftp: Error retrieving file: 404 Not Found
===> Trying https://apps.ankiweb.net/downloads/beta/
/usr/bin/ftp -C -o /usr/ports/distfiles/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz.part -v https://apps.ankiweb.net/downloads/beta/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
Trying 104.25.224.113...
Requesting https://apps.ankiweb.net/downloads/beta/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
ftp: Error retrieving file: 404 Not Found
===> Trying https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles/
/usr/bin/ftp -C -o /usr/ports/distfiles/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz.part -v https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
Trying 129.128.5.191...
Requesting https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
ftp: Error retrieving file: 404 Not Found
===> Trying https://ftp.usa.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles/
/usr/bin/ftp -C -o /usr/ports/distfiles/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz.part -v https://ftp.usa.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
Trying 129.21.208.172...
Requesting https://ftp.usa.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
ftp: Error retrieving file: 404 Not Found
===> Trying https://ftp.fr.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles/
/usr/bin/ftp -C -o /usr/ports/distfiles/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz.part -v https://ftp.fr.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
Trying 145.238.209.46...
Requesting https://ftp.fr.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles/anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
ftp: Error retrieving file: 404 Not Found

Re: dpb doesn't forget invalid distfile

Christian Weisgerber
Christian Weisgerber:

> E=education/anki:anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
>
> There is no such error on machines where dpb did not perform a fetch
> run during the brief window when anki-2.0.52 was enabled.

Actually, I think that's a misunderstanding on my part.  I was
comparing dpb -F2 runs on one host with dpb -a runs elsewhere.  I
guess when dpb _builds_ packages, it ignores the BROKEN port.  When
it purely _fetches_ packages, it doesn't.

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 04:24:40PM +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> Christian Weisgerber:
>
> > E=education/anki:anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
> >
> > There is no such error on machines where dpb did not perform a fetch
> > run during the brief window when anki-2.0.52 was enabled.
>
> Actually, I think that's a misunderstanding on my part.  I was
> comparing dpb -F2 runs on one host with dpb -a runs elsewhere.  I
> guess when dpb _builds_ packages, it ignores the BROKEN port.  When
> it purely _fetches_ packages, it doesn't.

Yep, -F   will try to fetch everything.

If you want an option to ignore BROKEN ports, that's do-able.

I think that, by this point, BROKEN all use BROKEN-arch for arch-dependent
breakage, so that would still get mirroring of used distfiles done correctly.

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 05:01:08PM +0200, Marc Espie wrote:

> On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 04:24:40PM +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> > Christian Weisgerber:
> >
> > > E=education/anki:anki-2.0.52-source.tgz
> > >
> > > There is no such error on machines where dpb did not perform a fetch
> > > run during the brief window when anki-2.0.52 was enabled.
> >
> > Actually, I think that's a misunderstanding on my part.  I was
> > comparing dpb -F2 runs on one host with dpb -a runs elsewhere.  I
> > guess when dpb _builds_ packages, it ignores the BROKEN port.  When
> > it purely _fetches_ packages, it doesn't.
>
> Yep, -F   will try to fetch everything.
>
> If you want an option to ignore BROKEN ports, that's do-able.
>
> I think that, by this point, BROKEN all use BROKEN-arch for arch-dependent
> breakage, so that would still get mirroring of used distfiles done correctly.

Strike that... this would require changes to bsd.port.mk actually,
since BROKEN gets encoded into IGNORE, so we would need to make a distinction
in there, and pass it to dpb.

Not sure that's worth it changing that.

Re: dpb doesn't forget invalid distfile

Christian Weisgerber
Marc Espie:

> Yep, -F   will try to fetch everything.
> If you want an option to ignore BROKEN ports, that's do-able.

No, I think the lesson is not to slap BROKEN on unfetchable ports.

Re: dpb doesn't forget invalid distfile

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/05/25 17:19, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> Marc Espie:
>
> > Yep, -F   will try to fetch everything.
> > If you want an option to ignore BROKEN ports, that's do-able.
>
> No, I think the lesson is not to slap BROKEN on unfetchable ports.
>
> --
> Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [hidden email]

It was fetchable at the time, so really that's not different to any other
port where the distfile becomes unfetchable after commit.