dpb(1) and pkgpath(7) file not working

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

dpb(1) and pkgpath(7) file not working

Bryan Vyhmeister-3
I am working on some partial bulk builds with dpb(1) and was intending
to use a list of packages to build from a file conforming to pkgpath(7).
My pkglist file always gives an error. I can build ports by listing them
individually just fine on the command line.

octeon# dpb -B /dest -P ~/pkglist
Started as: root
Port user: root
Build user: _pbuild
Fetch user: _pfetch
Log user: _pbuild
Unpriv user: _dpb
dpb: Bad package path: /root/pkglist
Usage: dpb [-acemqrRsuUvx] [-A arch] [-B chroot] [-C plist] [-f m] [-F m]
       [-I pathlist] [-J p] [-j n] [-p parallel] [-P pathlist] [-h hosts]
       [-L logdir] [-l lockdir] [-b log] [-M threshold] [-X pathlist]
       [pathlist ...]

octeon# cat /root/pkglist
net/curl
net/wget
net/fping

I prepared /dest (a partition) with proot(1) and everything works fine
by running:

octeon# dpb -B /dest net/curl net/wget net/fping

I also thought that since 'dpb -B' is a chroot setup, perhaps I needed
my pkglist under the chroot. I copied it to /dest/root/pkglist which
still shows the same issue.

Is there some bug with reading a pkgpath(7) with dpb or am I making some
mistake in my invocation?

Bryan

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dpb(1) and pkgpath(7) file not working

trondd-2
On Wed, January 31, 2018 2:45 pm, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:

> I am working on some partial bulk builds with dpb(1) and was intending
> to use a list of packages to build from a file conforming to pkgpath(7).
> My pkglist file always gives an error. I can build ports by listing them
> individually just fine on the command line.
>
> octeon# dpb -B /dest -P ~/pkglist
> Started as: root
> Port user: root
> Build user: _pbuild
> Fetch user: _pfetch
> Log user: _pbuild
> Unpriv user: _dpb
> dpb: Bad package path: /root/pkglist
> Usage: dpb [-acemqrRsuUvx] [-A arch] [-B chroot] [-C plist] [-f m] [-F m]
>        [-I pathlist] [-J p] [-j n] [-p parallel] [-P pathlist] [-h hosts]
>        [-L logdir] [-l lockdir] [-b log] [-M threshold] [-X pathlist]
>        [pathlist ...]
>
> octeon# cat /root/pkglist
> net/curl
> net/wget
> net/fping
>

The file can't be in /root.  I think this was explained previously but
either /root/something looks like a valid individual package or is a valid
package path.

Tim.


> I prepared /dest (a partition) with proot(1) and everything works fine
> by running:
>
> octeon# dpb -B /dest net/curl net/wget net/fping
>
> I also thought that since 'dpb -B' is a chroot setup, perhaps I needed
> my pkglist under the chroot. I copied it to /dest/root/pkglist which
> still shows the same issue.
>
> Is there some bug with reading a pkgpath(7) with dpb or am I making some
> mistake in my invocation?
>
> Bryan
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dpb(1) and pkgpath(7) file not working

Bryan Vyhmeister-3
On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 04:48:25PM -0500, trondd wrote:
> The file can't be in /root.  I think this was explained previously but
> either /root/something looks like a valid individual package or is a valid
> package path.

Sure enough. That was it. I moved pkglist to /tmp and it works fine now.
Thank you!

Bryan