double booting with iMac (bondie blue, rev 1)

SFM

double booting with iMac (bondie blue, rev 1)

SFM
I don’t quite get how can I have an operating system running smoothly (Mac OS 8.6) in a disk that has an obviously corrupt partition table ? More important, most probably disk utility messed up my partition table, so why should I trust it now to do the job well ? Could wiping the drive out using the same utility really be the solution ?

Re: double booting with iMac (bondie blue, rev 1)

Daniel Boyd-2
I’m honestly not sure.  I’m not an expert.  But I do believe you need to use apple’s utility to set up the MBR if you want to run MacOS. You can use fdisk to initialize the MBR, but only if you want to single-boot OpenBSD

Sent from my iPhone