documentation incomplete; mount(8) man page; 5.9/6.0

documentation incomplete; mount(8) man page; 5.9/6.0

Manuel Jose Blanca Molinos

The mount command supports the options -o ro (for read only) and -o rw (for read write), However this is not indicated in the manual page. In addition, there are currently two examples on the page where the -o rw option appears although there is no reference to this -o option before (this makes this section a bit confusing).I think that would be enough to add in the man page that, -o ro is a synonym for the -r option (and also for -o rdonly) and that -o rw is a synonym for the -w option.

Sorry I can not send a patch myself (I'm new to OpenBSD and still need more experience).
Manuel Blanca

Re: documentation incomplete; mount(8) man page; 5.9/6.0

Jason McIntyre-2
On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 05:33:19PM +0000, Manuel Jose Blanca Molinos wrote:

> The mount command supports the options -o ro (for read only) and -o rw (for read write), However this is not indicated in the manual page. In addition, there are currently two examples on the page where the -o rw option appears although there is no reference to this -o option before (this makes this section a bit confusing).I think that would be enough to add in the man page that, -o ro is a synonym for the -r option (and also for -o rdonly) and that -o rw??is a synonym for the -w option.
>
> Sorry I can not send a patch myself (I'm new to OpenBSD and still need more experience).
> Manuel Blanca

tedu just fixed this, but one more note: we don;t document "rw" because
the list in mount(8) documents the options required to change default
behaviour (note the "no" prefix blurb).

so the default is rw, so the list now (correctly) describes "norw"
rather than "rw".

it is easy to be caught by this, admittedly...

jmc