documentation/4996: tsearch(3) and friends are X/Open compliant; note so in the docs

documentation/4996: tsearch(3) and friends are X/Open compliant; note so in the docs

Joachim Schipper
>Number:         4996
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       tsearch(3) and friends are X/Open compliant; note so in the docs
>Confidential:   yes
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

        System      : OpenBSD 3.8
        Architecture: OpenBSD.i386
        Machine     : i386
        The tsearch, tfind, tdelete, twalk man page, found in section 3 of the installed manual pages, seems to describe an X/Open compliant implementation (from a look on the web, the X/Open Portability Guide Issue 3, or more precisely, X/Open Portability Guide Issue 3: XSI System Interfaces and Headers, page 494 and X/Open CAE Specification, System Interfaces and Headers, Issue 4, Page 480 [165]). It'd be nice if this was actually noted in the man pages.
        Additionally, it's in IEEE Std 1003.1, since Issue 1 - see http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/twalk.html
>How-To-Repeat:
        $ man 3 tsearch
>Fix:
        Add something like the following to the man page:

STANDARDS
        The tsearch(), tfind(), tdelete() and twalk() functions conform to the IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX'') and X/Open Portability Guide Issue 3 (``XPG3'') specifications.

        Please note that this is a different version of the XPG than in the man page of, for instance, lsearch(3); I was not able to find out why there should be a difference.