devel/py-tz: Update to 2019.1

wen heping
Hi, ports@:

   Here is a patch to update devel/py-tz to 2019.1, it build and test well
on my amd64 system, with both python2 and python3 flavors.
   Many ports depends on pytz, I have tested some of it, include:
   astro/py-astral
   math/py-numpy
   devel/py-babel
   devel/py-tzlocal
   The patch does not cause run error or new tests fail.

   Comments? OK ?

Cheers,
wen

pytz-2019.1.diff.txt (1K) Download Attachment

Re: devel/py-tz: Update to 2019.1

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 03:28:32AM +0000, wen heping wrote:
> Hi, ports@:

>    Here is a patch to update devel/py-tz to 2019.1, it build and test well
> on my amd64 system, with both python2 and python3 flavors.
>    Many ports depends on pytz, I have tested some of it, include:
>    astro/py-astral
>    math/py-numpy
>    devel/py-babel
>    devel/py-tzlocal
>    The patch does not cause run error or new tests fail.

>    Comments? OK ?

>  HOMEPAGE = http://pytz.sourceforge.net/

There's a new homepage linked from its pypi page. It's also https. It
should be switched to that.

The PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM should get switched to the new PERMIT_PACKAGE
also.

That list of consumers is a lot smaller than the full list. I'd usually
try and at least get a greater percentage of the TEST_DEPENDS consumers.
Perhaps at least py-django/stable and py-django/lts since you were just
also working with those?

With the updated HOMEPAGE and some more testing, I think this looks good.
But I'd really like tests on more than 4 of 20 TEST_DEPENDS consumers.

--Kurt

Re: devel/py-tz: Update to 2019.1

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/06/11 00:12, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 03:28:32AM +0000, wen heping wrote:
> > Hi, ports@:
>
> >    Here is a patch to update devel/py-tz to 2019.1, it build and test well
> > on my amd64 system, with both python2 and python3 flavors.
> >    Many ports depends on pytz, I have tested some of it, include:
> >    astro/py-astral
> >    math/py-numpy
> >    devel/py-babel
> >    devel/py-tzlocal
> >    The patch does not cause run error or new tests fail.
>
> >    Comments? OK ?
>
> >  HOMEPAGE = http://pytz.sourceforge.net/
>
> There's a new homepage linked from its pypi page. It's also https. It
> should be switched to that.
>
> The PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM should get switched to the new PERMIT_PACKAGE
> also.
>
> That list of consumers is a lot smaller than the full list. I'd usually
> try and at least get a greater percentage of the TEST_DEPENDS consumers.
> Perhaps at least py-django/stable and py-django/lts since you were just
> also working with those?
>
> With the updated HOMEPAGE and some more testing, I think this looks good.
> But I'd really like tests on more than 4 of 20 TEST_DEPENDS consumers.
>
> --Kurt

Often py-tz updates are just updating the tzdata files and dep testing
isn't really needed, though I think this time a bit more testing than usual
probably is warranted as there's a new error condition

+    if zone is None:
+        raise UnknownTimeZoneError(None)

回复: devel/py-tz: Update to 2019.1

wen heping
Hi,

   Here is a revised patch for devel/py-tz, changes from last patch:
   1)   update HOMEPAGE
   2)update LICENSE, now is MIT
   3)   use PERMIT_PACKAGE
   4) More ports tested, no more tests failed because of this update:
             databases/py-influxdb
             graphics/py-matplotlib
             math/py-pandas
             security/plaso
             security/py-cryptography
             textproc/py-pyRFC3339
             www/py-django

    Comments? OK?

wen
________________________________
On 2019/06/11 00:12, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 03:28:32AM +0000, wen heping wrote:
> > Hi, ports@:
>
> >    Here is a patch to update devel/py-tz to 2019.1, it build and test well
> > on my amd64 system, with both python2 and python3 flavors.
> >    Many ports depends on pytz, I have tested some of it, include:
> >    astro/py-astral
> >    math/py-numpy
> >    devel/py-babel
> >    devel/py-tzlocal
> >    The patch does not cause run error or new tests fail.
>
> >    Comments? OK ?
>
> >  HOMEPAGE =         http://pytz.sourceforge.net/
>
> There's a new homepage linked from its pypi page. It's also https. It
> should be switched to that.
>
> The PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM should get switched to the new PERMIT_PACKAGE
> also.
>
> That list of consumers is a lot smaller than the full list. I'd usually
> try and at least get a greater percentage of the TEST_DEPENDS consumers.
> Perhaps at least py-django/stable and py-django/lts since you were just
> also working with those?
>
> With the updated HOMEPAGE and some more testing, I think this looks good.
> But I'd really like tests on more than 4 of 20 TEST_DEPENDS consumers.
>
> --Kurt

Often py-tz updates are just updating the tzdata files and dep testing
isn't really needed, though I think this time a bit more testing than usual
probably is warranted as there's a new error condition

+    if zone is None:
+        raise UnknownTimeZoneError(None)

py-tz.2019.1.p1.diff.txt (2K) Download Attachment

Re: ????: devel/py-tz: Update to 2019.1

Kurt Mosiejczuk-10
On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 09:40:09AM +0000, wen heping wrote:

>    Here is a revised patch for devel/py-tz, changes from last patch:
>    1)   update HOMEPAGE
>    2??update LICENSE, now is MIT
>    3)   use PERMIT_PACKAGE
>    4) More ports tested, no more tests failed because of this update:
>              databases/py-influxdb
>              graphics/py-matplotlib
>              math/py-pandas
>              security/plaso
>              security/py-cryptography
>              textproc/py-pyRFC3339
>              www/py-django

>     Comments? OK?

Looks good to me now. OK kmos@

--Kurt

Re: 回复: devel/py-tz: Update to 2019.1

Daniel Dickman

> On Jun 12, 2019, at 5:40 AM, wen heping <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>   Here is a revised patch for devel/py-tz, changes from last patch:
>   1)   update HOMEPAGE
>   2)update LICENSE, now is MIT
>   3)   use PERMIT_PACKAGE
>   4) More ports tested, no more tests failed because of this update:
>             databases/py-influxdb
>             graphics/py-matplotlib
>             math/py-pandas
>             security/plaso