Quantcast

devel/{gtest,protobuf} maintainer

Greg Steuck
I realized I forgot to mention. I contacted Vincent separately and he's no
longer interested in maintaining these ports. Hence my going directly to
the mailing list with the patches.

Thanks
Greg

Re: devel/{gtest,protobuf} maintainer

Stuart Henderson
On 2017/05/17 16:22, Greg Steuck wrote:
> I realized I forgot to mention. I contacted Vincent separately and he's no
> longer interested in maintaining these ports. Hence my going directly to
> the mailing list with the patches.

Thanks, committed with small tweaks (mostly -L${LOCALBASE} -> -L${LOCALBASE}/lib).

In general could you send diffs as plaintext rather than gzipped unless they're
hundreds of KB please. (and cvs diffs are preferred, but if you're unable to do
that then please follow the steps in http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Diff
about git diffs).

Re: devel/{gtest,protobuf} maintainer

Greg Steuck
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 1:27 PM Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 2017/05/17 16:22, Greg Steuck wrote:
> > I realized I forgot to mention. I contacted Vincent separately and he's
> no
> > longer interested in maintaining these ports. Hence my going directly to
> > the mailing list with the patches.
>
> Thanks, committed with small tweaks (mostly -L${LOCALBASE} ->
> -L${LOCALBASE}/lib).

Thanks Stuart. I'm surprised I didn't catch this when I tested.

> In general could you send diffs as plaintext rather than gzipped unless
> they're
> hundreds of KB please. (and cvs diffs are preferred, but if you're unable
> to do
> that then please follow the steps in
> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Diff
> about git diffs).

I'll try to do better.

Thanks
Greg

On 2017/05/18 05:14, Greg Steuck wrote:

> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 1:27 PM Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > On 2017/05/17 16:22, Greg Steuck wrote:
> > > I realized I forgot to mention. I contacted Vincent separately and he's
> > no
> > > longer interested in maintaining these ports. Hence my going directly to
> > > the mailing list with the patches.
> >
> > Thanks, committed with small tweaks (mostly -L${LOCALBASE} ->
> > -L${LOCALBASE}/lib).
> >

> Thanks Stuart. I'm surprised I didn't catch this when I tested.
>

> > In general could you send diffs as plaintext rather than gzipped unless
> > they're
> > hundreds of KB please. (and cvs diffs are preferred, but if you're unable
> > to do
> > that then please follow the steps in
> > http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Diff
> > about git diffs).
> >

> I'll try to do better.

Thanks - basically the simpler it is to review/test a diff, the easier it
is to fit it into a short amount of free time so it's more likely to get
handled sooner :)