devel/glib2 broken by rthread?

Joachim Schipper-2
Hi,

Just for fun, I've put dpb to work after updating to just past the
rthread commit and building from source. It appears that devel/glib2
does not build for me:

checking for thread implementation... posix
checking thread related cflags... -D_REENTRANT
checking for pthread_create/pthread_join... no
checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lpthread... no
checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lpthread32... no
checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lpthreads... no
checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lthread... no
checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -ldce... no
configure: error: I can't find the libraries for the thread implementation
                posix. Please choose another thread implementation or
                provide information on your thread implementation.
                You can also run 'configure --disable-threads'
                to compile without thread support.
*** Error code 1

Build log attached. This is mainly a heads-up, I'll try to debug this
when/if I find the time (currently supposed to be working...)

Joachim

glib2-2.30.2p5.log (29K) Download Attachment

Re: devel/glib2 broken by rthread?

Brad Smith-14
On 15/02/12 11:03 AM, Joachim Schipper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just for fun, I've put dpb to work after updating to just past the
> rthread commit and building from source. It appears that devel/glib2
> does not build for me:

> checking for thread implementation... posix
> checking thread related cflags... -D_REENTRANT
> checking for pthread_create/pthread_join... no
> checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lpthread... no
> checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lpthread32... no
> checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lpthreads... no
> checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lthread... no
> checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -ldce... no
> configure: error: I can't find the libraries for the thread implementation
>                  posix. Please choose another thread implementation or
>                  provide information on your thread implementation.
>                  You can also run 'configure --disable-threads'
>                  to compile without thread support.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Build log attached. This is mainly a heads-up, I'll try to debug this
> when/if I find the time (currently supposed to be working...)
>
> Joachim

You need to send the config.log file. What you sent is mostly useless.
Also I cannot reproduce this.

believed to be clean.