delete mail/mailpile

Solene Rapenne
I propose the removal of mail/mailpile for which I am maintainer.

The project doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon, it struggles
since 2015 to move to python3 but it's still work in progress and
it's not really hard to install locally using virtualenv and pip.

I imported it (maybe my first commits) because it looked promising
in 2018 but very little happened since then.

Re: delete mail/mailpile

Stuart Henderson
On 2021/02/19 22:26, Solene Rapenne wrote:
> I propose the removal of mail/mailpile for which I am maintainer.
>
> The project doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon, it struggles
> since 2015 to move to python3 but it's still work in progress and
> it's not really hard to install locally using virtualenv and pip.
>
> I imported it (maybe my first commits) because it looked promising
> in 2018 but very little happened since then.

OK. They might not be all that far off
(https://github.com/mailpile/Mailpile/issues/160) but it's been
moving very slowly.

That will allow removing py2 versions of these ports:

devel/py-appdirs
security/py-pgpdump
devel/py-fasteners
devel/py-icalendar