cvsup of OpenBSD-src is old

Jeremy C. Reed
I am trying to get the latest OpenBSD HEAD (-current) of the CVS
repository (RCS ,v files) using cvsup. But it is old.

My retrieved CVSROOT/ChangeLog goes up to 2005/05/03 23:12:53

CVSROOT/config and CVSROOT/options has:

tag=OpenBSD
umask=002
dlimit=49152

Have tried cvsup.jp.OpenBSD.org and cvsup.de.openbsd.org.

cvsup config is:

*default host=cvsup.de.openbsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/archive/OpenBSD-CVS
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress

#OpenBSD-all
OpenBSD-src
#OpenBSD-www
#OpenBSD-ports
#OpenBSD-x11
#OpenBSD-xf4

How or where can I get the latest?

I have looked at http://www.openbsd.org/cvsup.html and a few examples and
docs from the mirrors.

Note that I am not using the OpenBSD-provided cvsup client. I am not doing
this on OpenBSD.

Please carbon-copy me on replies.

  Jeremy C. Reed

    BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
    http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/

Re: cvsup of OpenBSD-src is old

Jeremy C. Reed
Now I tried rt.fm and it is up-to-date. I now have new files.

Maybe someone can go through http://www.openbsd.org/cvsup.html and check
which servers are up-to-date and either remove or add notes indicating
this.

  Jeremy C. Reed

    Media Relations and Publishing Services
    http://www.reedmedia.net/

Re: cvsup of OpenBSD-src is old

Jason Crawford
On 12/1/05, Jeremy C. Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to get the latest OpenBSD HEAD (-current) of the CVS
> repository (RCS ,v files) using cvsup. But it is old.
>
> My retrieved CVSROOT/ChangeLog goes up to 2005/05/03 23:12:53
>
> CVSROOT/config and CVSROOT/options has:
>
> tag=OpenBSD
> umask=002
> dlimit=49152
>
> Have tried cvsup.jp.OpenBSD.org and cvsup.de.openbsd.org.
>
> cvsup config is:
>
> *default host=cvsup.de.openbsd.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/archive/OpenBSD-CVS
> *default release=cvs
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
>
> #OpenBSD-all
> OpenBSD-src

Unless I'm mistaken, OpenBSD-src means the actual source code, not the
CVS repository. You want to use OpenBSD-all which will mirror the CVS
repository (the whole thing, not just src).

> #OpenBSD-www
> #OpenBSD-ports
> #OpenBSD-x11
> #OpenBSD-xf4
>
> How or where can I get the latest?
>
> I have looked at http://www.openbsd.org/cvsup.html and a few examples and
> docs from the mirrors.
>
> Note that I am not using the OpenBSD-provided cvsup client. I am not doing
> this on OpenBSD.
>
> Please carbon-copy me on replies.

Once you change OpenBSD-src to OpenBSD-all, it should work just fine
(but get the 2.5GB CVS repository as a whole).

jason

On 12/1/05, Jason Crawford <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12/1/05, Jeremy C. Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I am trying to get the latest OpenBSD HEAD (-current) of the CVS
> > repository (RCS ,v files) using cvsup. But it is old.
> >
> > My retrieved CVSROOT/ChangeLog goes up to 2005/05/03 23:12:53
> >
> > CVSROOT/config and CVSROOT/options has:
> >
> > tag=OpenBSD
> > umask=002
> > dlimit=49152
> >
> > Have tried cvsup.jp.OpenBSD.org and cvsup.de.openbsd.org.
> >
> > cvsup config is:
> >
> > *default host=cvsup.de.openbsd.org
> > *default base=/usr
> > *default prefix=/archive/OpenBSD-CVS
> > *default release=cvs
> > *default delete use-rel-suffix
> > *default compress
> >
> > #OpenBSD-all
> > OpenBSD-src
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, OpenBSD-src means the actual source code, not the
> CVS repository. You want to use OpenBSD-all which will mirror the CVS
> repository (the whole thing, not just src).

Oops, I am mistaken, silly little tag keyword changes quite a bit. I
guess it's been a while since I've used anything other than
OpenBSD-all with cvsup