counting dropped packets for pf

Re: counting dropped packets for pf

Raul Miller
On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 9:58 AM, 3 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> perhaps my poor english prevented you from understanding the question

perhaps

> my initial approach does work. u are have comments about route-to?

If people do not understand the words you use to represent the ideas
you were thinking, does that matter?

If there are more efficient ways of accomplishing the same thing, is
it important?

[regardless, I am going back to lurking and trying to figure out a
good way to install current on a system I use.]

Raul

Re: counting dropped packets for pf

BABUT
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 9:58 AM, 3 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> perhaps my poor english prevented you from understanding the question

> perhaps

>> my initial approach does work. u are have comments about route-to?

> If people do not understand the words you use to represent the ideas
> you were thinking, does that matter?
i showed my idea on the example of pf's config- this language should
be familiar to you

> If there are more efficient ways of accomplishing the same thing, is
> it important?
no more effective ways. the variant with pfctl is a kolhoz-style(ugly
and ineffective), it requires a lot of work to convert data into
netflow format

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 10:35 AM, 3 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> i showed my idea on the example of pf's config- this language should
> be familiar to you
> no more effective ways. the variant with pfctl is a kolhoz-style(ugly
> and ineffective), it requires a lot of work to convert data into
> netflow format

You did indeed show some rules that would do something if you replace
some of their text with something else but which do not address the
issue you had earlier labeled "impossible".

But, if you will excuse me, I have a lot of work to do.

Raul

Re: counting dropped packets for pf

Mihai Popescu-3
> ... better badly does work ...

If it so, then it should not be done from the start.
A bad implementation can trigger other problems.
Try to think a little bit. ( hint: Chernobyl)

12