console radeondrm default font change

Mihai Popescu-3
Hello,

Just installed amd64 recent snapshot and I can see that default font
for tty console is changed in something very nice.

Is it done from radeon firmware or from a conf file?
Can someone tell me a font close to this to use for xterm in X?

Thank you.

Re: console radeondrm default font change

Christian Weisgerber
On 2019-01-04, Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can someone tell me a font close to this to use for xterm in X?

ports/fonts/spleen

Re: console radeondrm default font change

lists-2
Fri, 4 Jan 2019 13:01:10 +0200 Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]>

> Is it done from radeon firmware or from a conf file?

Hi Mihai,

https://cvsweb.openbsd.org/src/sys/dev/wsfont/wsfont.c
$ ls -1 /usr/include/dev/wsfont
$ wsfontload -l
https://man.openbsd.org/wsfontload
https://man.openbsd.org/wsdisplay

Kind regards,
Anton Lazarov

Re: console radeondrm default font change

John Ankarström
Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> On 2019-01-04, Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Can someone tell me a font close to this to use for xterm in X?
>
> ports/fonts/spleen

How could I configure my -current install to use this font in the console?

Best regards,
John

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 1:32 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Fri, 4 Jan 2019 13:01:10 +0200 Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]>
> >
> > Is it done from radeon firmware or from a conf file?
> >

> Hi Mihai,
>
> https://cvsweb.openbsd.org/src/sys/dev/wsfont/wsfont.c
> $ ls -1 /usr/include/dev/wsfont
> $ wsfontload -l
> https://man.openbsd.org/wsfontload
> https://man.openbsd.org/wsdisplay
>
> Kind regards,
> Anton Lazarov

I had a bad day so I started to prepare an USB disk for OpenBSD
install. I got the wrong one and overwrite some important data.
I went on and installed the OS, then I saw this wonderful scrolling of
Spleen font. It was and it is magical. All my grief went off.
I keep a terminal with this font, running tcpdump in the background,
it is so nice to see it scroll. Many thanks to the font developer and
OpenBSD developers!
I went on and searched about font change in console, found kernel
source and the rest. I search for font creation under OpenBSD, too.
Maybe I will contact him to ask about the tools he used ...
I am sure there are another beautiful things in OpenBSD, but I am
affraid I am not so advanced to see and understand them.

Re: console radeondrm default font change

lists-2
Sun, 6 Jan 2019 01:51:21 +0200 Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]>

> I am sure there are another beautiful things in OpenBSD, but I am
> affraid I am not so advanced to see and understand them.

https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/examples/UTF-8-demo.txt

Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] console radeondrm default font change

Артур Истомин
Can someone upload photo of screen with new font?! )

Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] console radeondrm default font change

Mihai Popescu-3

Re: console radeondrm default font change

Nathan Hartman
On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 3:20 PM Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://www.cambus.net/spleen-monospaced-bitmap-fonts/

Wow that is a beautiful font.

<https://www.cambus.net/spleen-monospaced-bitmap-fonts/>