Quantcast

change nvidia to vesa in xorg

Mohammad BadieZadegan
Hi everybody,
How can i change the 'nv' graphic driver to 'vesa' in xorg configuration of release 5.9?
On the old realese it could be changed by editing xorg.conf.new.
regards.

Re: change nvidia to vesa in xorg

Matthieu Herrb-7
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 12:48:08PM +0430, Mohammad Badie Zadegan wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> How can i change the 'nv' graphic driver to 'vesa' in xorg configuration of release 5.9?
> On the old realese it could be changed by editing xorg.conf.new.
> regards.

If you have the backup from your old system you can use the file from
5.8. Otherwise just create /etc/X11/xorg.conf containing :

Section "Device"
        Identifier "Vesa"
        Driver "vesa"
EndSection

See xorg.conf(4) for more information on the format of this file
--
Matthieu Herrb

Re: change nvidia to vesa in xorg

Mohammad BadieZadegan
Hi all,
Exquse me that I could not check back my email for 4 days!
I tried Matthieu Herrb
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/101333804820755779977?prsrc=4> suggestion in
new xorg.conf file but it still don't load the vesa driver and still try to
load nVidia driver too!
Is that any suggestions?
Sincerely yours.

[image: ( openbsd.pro ---- 933k.ir )] <http://openbsd.pro>

Re: change nvidia to vesa in xorg

Mohammad BadieZadegan
In the following of the last email the first (EE) on the
/var/log/Xorg.0.log is:

(EE) vesa(0): Cannot read int vect
(II) UnloadModule: "vesa"
(II) UnloadSuubModule: "int10"

On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 04:30:16PM +0430, Mohammad BadieZadegan wrote:
> In the following of the last email the first (EE) on the
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log is:
>
> (EE) vesa(0): Cannot read int vect
> (II) UnloadModule: "vesa"
> (II) UnloadSuubModule: "int10"

Do you have machdep.allowaperture=2 in /etc/ssyctl.conf ?