chan-dongle asterisk module to include in default asterisk port

chan-dongle asterisk module to include in default asterisk port

Denis Lapshin-2
Stuart,

Please include chan-dongle module into default asterisk port and
package. I rebuild it every time when base system and Asterisk is updated.

Thank you.

chan-dongle-ast11-12-13-14.tar.gz (155K) Download Attachment

Re: chan-dongle asterisk module to include in default asterisk port

Stuart Henderson-6
On 2018/12/05 15:22, Denis wrote:
> Stuart,
>
> Please include chan-dongle module into default asterisk port and
> package. I rebuild it every time when base system and Asterisk is updated.
>
> Thank you.

This would be something for a separate port rather than default
asterisk, like is done with asterisk-g729.

Asterisk 16.x LTS was released fairly recently and I have an eye on
updating to that branch so I'm not keen on adding something which
is stuck on 12-13-14. Any idea if chan_dongle is actively developed
somewhere? I found a googlecode archive, a github export that has hardly
been touched since it moved, and a bunch of forum/blog posts that don't
seem very useful.. is there something else?

Re: chan-dongle asterisk module to include in default asterisk port

Denis Lapshin-2
I'm compiling the code from github:
https://github.com/bg111/asterisk-chan-dongle

It seems the project moving forward for years.

12-13-14 I sent to you was fetched from this branch about two years ago.
So it is not contain a last code from github. I'm building it every time
when system is updated. It works fine in my environment. So you can
fetch current code from the repo and try to build it for Asterisk 16 LTS.

Denis

On 2018/12/05 15:55, Denis wrote:
> I'm compiling the code from github:
> https://github.com/bg111/asterisk-chan-dongle
>
> It seems the project moving forward for years.
>
> 12-13-14 I sent to you was fetched from this branch about two years ago.
> So it is not contain a last code from github. I'm building it every time
> when system is updated. It works fine in my environment. So you can
> fetch current code from the repo and try to build it for Asterisk 16 LTS.

That's the one I found, but it seems pretty dead, googlecode export was
in July 2015, this only has 2 commits (Sept 2016) after the last one in
googlecode, even if it does build/work now, that's not encouraging for
future fixes.

Find me an upstream that seems a bit alive, and I'll take a look at
writing a port :)

Re: chan-dongle asterisk module to include in default asterisk port

Denis Lapshin-2
You can rely on 12-13-14 I've sent. It stable works with Asterisk
13.23.1 in -stable 6.4

So it can be checked/patched for 16 LTS I suppose.

On 2018/12/05 16:30, Denis wrote:
> You can rely on 12-13-14 I've sent. It stable works with Asterisk
> 13.23.1 in -stable 6.4
>
> So it can be checked/patched for 16 LTS I suppose.

I can't rely on it, because that upstream seems dead. I'm not going
to work on this if it's likely to be a blocker for Asterisk updates
if it's been abandoned - especially as it's something I can't test
myself.

If it's really worth using there must be some semi-active fork
somewhere..