boot problems, nvme?

Kapetanakis Giannis
Hi,

I've just installed current as well 6.4 on a new pc and I have problems booting it.

Although I can boot bsd.rd and install system fine I cannot boot the normal kernel.
Boot hungs after
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay1

In bsd.rd next line is
softraid0 at root

I couldn't transfer the dmesg from bsd.rd so I took pictures of it.
Maybe someone can have a look?
https://nefeli.cc.uoc.gr/index.php/s/ce6hAZzTWPcNOLu

thanks

Re: boot problems, nvme?

kasak
31.01.2019 15:18, Kapetanakis Giannis пишет:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed current as well 6.4 on a new pc and I have problems booting it.
>
> Although I can boot bsd.rd and install system fine I cannot boot the normal kernel.
> Boot hungs after
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay1
>
> In bsd.rd next line is
> softraid0 at root
>
> I couldn't transfer the dmesg from bsd.rd so I took pictures of it.
> Maybe someone can have a look?
> https://nefeli.cc.uoc.gr/index.php/s/ce6hAZzTWPcNOLu
>
> thanks

I can advice you to try to disable pcppi driver.

boot -c

disable pcppi

quit

What motherboard you own?

Re: boot problems, nvme?

Janne Johansson-3
I think I saw something similar on a box, until I disabled X-APIC in BIOS
setup.
If you have that option, do try disabling it.

Den tors 31 jan. 2019 kl 14:37 skrev Kapetanakis Giannis <
[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed current as well 6.4 on a new pc and I have problems
> booting it.
>
> Although I can boot bsd.rd and install system fine I cannot boot the
> normal kernel.
> Boot hungs after
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay1
>
> In bsd.rd next line is
> softraid0 at root
>
> I couldn't transfer the dmesg from bsd.rd so I took pictures of it.
> Maybe someone can have a look?
> https://nefeli.cc.uoc.gr/index.php/s/ce6hAZzTWPcNOLu
>
> thanks

Re: boot problems, nvme?

Kapetanakis Giannis
On 31/01/2019 15:57, kasak wrote:

> 31.01.2019 15:18, Kapetanakis Giannis пишет:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just installed current as well 6.4 on a new pc and I have problems booting it.
>>
>> Although I can boot bsd.rd and install system fine I cannot boot the normal kernel.
>> Boot hungs after
>> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay1
>>
>> In bsd.rd next line is
>> softraid0 at root
>>
>> I couldn't transfer the dmesg from bsd.rd so I took pictures of it.
>> Maybe someone can have a look?
>> https://nefeli.cc.uoc.gr/index.php/s/ce6hAZzTWPcNOLu
>>
>> thanks

> I can advice you to try to disable pcppi driver.
>
> boot -c
>
> disable pcppi
>
> quit
>
> What motherboard you own?

Thanks that worked.
hw.vendor=Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
hw.product=Z370 HD3P

is this a bug?

Re: boot problems, nvme?

kasak
01.02.2019 14:00, Kapetanakis Giannis пишет:

> On 31/01/2019 15:57, kasak wrote:
>> 31.01.2019 15:18, Kapetanakis Giannis пишет:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've just installed current as well 6.4 on a new pc and I have problems booting it.
>>>
>>> Although I can boot bsd.rd and install system fine I cannot boot the normal kernel.
>>> Boot hungs after
>>> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay1
>>>
>>> In bsd.rd next line is
>>> softraid0 at root
>>>
>>> I couldn't transfer the dmesg from bsd.rd so I took pictures of it.
>>> Maybe someone can have a look?
>>> https://nefeli.cc.uoc.gr/index.php/s/ce6hAZzTWPcNOLu
>>>
>>> thanks

>> I can advice you to try to disable pcppi driver.
>>
>> boot -c
>>
>> disable pcppi
>>
>> quit
>>
>> What motherboard you own?
>
> Thanks that worked.
> hw.vendor=Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
> hw.product=Z370 HD3P
>
> is this a bug?

Maybe. I have Asus Z170-K with similar problem.

also here is another post
http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/pcppi-hangs-td338060.html