boot panic: aml_die aml_store:2690

hepta tor
I am trying to install OBSD on an ASUS netbook but the system panics
at boot. I am thrown in ddb and with "show panic" I get "aml_die
aml_store:2690".
As I haven't figured out a way to get the dmesg out, I took the
attached pictures with the dmesg, trace and ps.
Is this a bug or problems with unsupported hardware?
thanks
-h

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 1.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 2.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 3.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 4.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 5.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 6.jpg]

Re: boot panic: aml_die aml_store:2690

staticsafe
On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 03:35:42PM +0000, Heptas Torres wrote:

> I am trying to install OBSD on an ASUS netbook but the system panics
> at boot. I am thrown in ddb and with "show panic" I get "aml_die
> aml_store:2690".
> As I haven't figured out a way to get the dmesg out, I took the
> attached pictures with the dmesg, trace and ps.
> Is this a bug or problems with unsupported hardware?
> thanks
> -h
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 1.jpg]
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 2.jpg]
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 3.jpg]
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 4.jpg]
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 5.jpg]
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 6.jpg]

demime stripped your attached images btw, might want to upload somewhere
and provide HTTP links (imgur is good).
--
staticsafe
Please don't top post - http://goo.gl/YrmAb
Don't CC me! I'm subscribed to whatever list I just posted on.

On 5/28/13, Heptas Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am trying to install OBSD on an ASUS netbook but the system panics
> at boot. I am thrown in ddb and with "show panic" I get "aml_die
> aml_store:2690".
> As I haven't figured out a way to get the dmesg out, I took the
> attached pictures with the dmesg, trace and ps.
> Is this a bug or problems with unsupported hardware?
> thanks
> -h

these are the links to the dmesg/trace/ps pictures:
http://d.pictureupload.us/128838031051a4d52535419.jpg
http://d.pictureupload.us/205859644551a4d5253fb58.jpg
http://d.pictureupload.us/84483466051a4d52547810.jpg
http://d.pictureupload.us/100239268251a4d5254f0fc.jpg
http://d.pictureupload.us/130656027151a4d5255d48a.jpg
http://d.pictureupload.us/198052637951a4d52564b16.jpg

Re: boot panic: aml_die aml_store:2690

Kyle R W Milz
On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 03:35:42PM +0000, Heptas Torres wrote:
> I am trying to install OBSD on an ASUS netbook but the system panics
> at boot. I am thrown in ddb and with "show panic" I get "aml_die
> aml_store:2690".
> As I haven't figured out a way to get the dmesg out, I took the
> attached pictures with the dmesg, trace and ps.
> Is this a bug or problems with unsupported hardware?
> thanks
> -h

Asus UX31E netbook here, a recent dsdt.c patch fixed a panic on boot for
me, maybe try using a -current snapshot.

On 5/29/13, Kyle Milz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 03:35:42PM +0000, Heptas Torres wrote:
>> I am trying to install OBSD on an ASUS netbook but the system panics
>> at boot. I am thrown in ddb and with "show panic" I get "aml_die
>> aml_store:2690".
>> As I haven't figured out a way to get the dmesg out, I took the
>> attached pictures with the dmesg, trace and ps.
>> Is this a bug or problems with unsupported hardware?
>> thanks
>> -h
>
> Asus UX31E netbook here, a recent dsdt.c patch fixed a panic on boot for
> me, maybe try using a -current snapshot.

Thanks for the reply - I am running the -current snapshot from May 27
(1-2 days old) so I assume this is pretty recent. Tried first with the
release version but was the same problem. Do you get the same panic or
something else?
-h