boot.conf in alpha port

Emmanuel Ravion
Hello,

I installed OpenBSD 4.0 in an Alphastation 200.
I installed OS in ide disk (with PCI/IDE card)
The installation works fine, but the disk is not display in >>> prompt

I try to use the file boot.conf (as in i386 port) in a floppy, but it
does not work.

If I install in SCSI disk, I can boot from this disk (see as DKA100
in the >>> prompt)

How can I boot from the floppy or the CD and load the kernel in the
ide disk (the file boot.conf do that in i386 ports).

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Re: boot.conf in alpha port

Miod Vallat
> I installed OpenBSD 4.0 in an Alphastation 200.
> I installed OS in ide disk (with PCI/IDE card)
> The installation works fine, but the disk is not display in >>> prompt

Alphastation 200 can not boot off IDE drives.

> I try to use the file boot.conf (as in i386 port) in a floppy, but it
> does not work.

boot.conf is not supported under OpenBSD/alpha either.

> If I install in SCSI disk, I can boot from this disk (see as DKA100
> in the >>> prompt)
>
> How can I boot from the floppy or the CD and load the kernel in the
> ide disk (the file boot.conf do that in i386 ports).

You can't.

Miod