bgpctl sho ri nei terse output vs man page discrepancy

bgpctl sho ri nei terse output vs man page discrepancy

Rachel Roch
Hi,

Hopefully I'm not missing something silly here but I've read the paragraph in the man page and it only lists 15 variables:

"The printed numbers are the sent and received open,
sent and received notifications, sent and received
updates, sent and received keepalives, and sent and
received route refresh messages plus the current and
maximum prefix count, the number of sent and received
updates, and withdraws."

But bgpctl sho ri nei outputs 16 numbers, not 15 ?

Any clues ?

Rachel

Re: bgpctl sho ri nei terse output vs man page discrepancy

Denis Fondras
On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 02:08:50PM +0200, Rachel Roch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hopefully I'm not missing something silly here but I've read the paragraph in the man page and it only lists 15 variables:
>
> "The printed numbers are the sent and received open,
> sent and received notifications, sent and received
> updates, sent and received keepalives, and sent and
> received route refresh messages plus the current and
> maximum prefix count, the number of sent and received
> updates, and withdraws."
>
> But bgpctl sho ri nei outputs 16 numbers, not 15 ?

You should read "sent & received withdraws".

On 2019-09-22, Rachel Roch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hopefully I'm not missing something silly here but I've read the paragraph in the man page and it only lists 15 variables:
>
> "The printed numbers are the sent and received open,
> sent and received notifications, sent and received
> updates, sent and received keepalives, and sent and
> received route refresh messages plus the current and
> maximum prefix count, the number of sent and received
> updates, and withdraws."
>
> But bgpctl sho ri nei outputs 16 numbers, not 15 ?

Sent and recevied updates, sent and received withdraws.

Unfortunately the peer's name/address is missing, which makes it a bit
tricky to use with "group", though it's not very convenient to change the
output format now ..

Re: bgpctl sho ri nei terse output vs man page discrepancy

Claudio Jeker
On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 04:48:18PM -0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2019-09-22, Rachel Roch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Hopefully I'm not missing something silly here but I've read the paragraph in the man page and it only lists 15 variables:
> >
> > "The printed numbers are the sent and received open,
> > sent and received notifications, sent and received
> > updates, sent and received keepalives, and sent and
> > received route refresh messages plus the current and
> > maximum prefix count, the number of sent and received
> > updates, and withdraws."
> >
> > But bgpctl sho ri nei outputs 16 numbers, not 15 ?
>
> Sent and recevied updates, sent and received withdraws.
>
> Unfortunately the peer's name/address is missing, which makes it a bit
> tricky to use with "group", though it's not very convenient to change the
> output format now ..

Better now than later. You could add the name/ip to the end.

--
:wq Claudio