banana pi M1

Tuyosi Takesima
hi all.

what fs is sutable for this ?

Re: banana pi M1

lawgiver
On 6/16/2017 at 12:52 AM, "Tuyosi T" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>hi all.
>what fs is sutable for this ?

See <https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/armv7/INSTALL.armv7>.  The easiest way is to prepare a bootable SD card using an existing OpenBSD machine.

You will need a serial cable for installation (via the J11/J12 pins on the board), and both a USB thumbdrive to install onto and a SD card for booting, because you can't install onto the SD card at this time.  Otherwise, this board seems to work fine with OpenBSD.

Re: banana pi M1

Stuart Henderson
On 2017/06/16 10:25, [hidden email] wrote:
> On 6/16/2017 at 12:52 AM, "Tuyosi T" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >hi all.
> >what fs is sutable for this ?
>
> See <https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/armv7/INSTALL.armv7>.
> The easiest way is to prepare a bootable SD card using an existing
> OpenBSD machine.

What the INSTALL.armv7 doc doesn't say, and what I think the
OP is asking, is which of the miniroot-xx-61.fs images is suitable
for this particular board, it only talks about BeagleBone,
BeagleBoard, Cubieboard2, CuBox-i, Nitrogen6x, PandaBoard (ES),
Wandboard.

Given a suitable fs image, you can use pretty much any OS to copy
it onto an SD card (dd from macos/linux/bsd, or some other image
writer from macos/windows).

Re: banana pi M1

Guillaume Simon - Mailoo
Le 06/16/17 à 20:54, Stuart Henderson a écrit :

> On 2017/06/16 10:25, [hidden email] wrote:
>> On 6/16/2017 at 12:52 AM, "Tuyosi T" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> hi all.
>>> what fs is sutable for this ?
>> See <https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/armv7/INSTALL.armv7>.
>> The easiest way is to prepare a bootable SD card using an existing
>> OpenBSD machine.
> What the INSTALL.armv7 doc doesn't say, and what I think the
> OP is asking, is which of the miniroot-xx-61.fs images is suitable
> for this particular board, it only talks about BeagleBone,
> BeagleBoard, Cubieboard2, CuBox-i, Nitrogen6x, PandaBoard (ES),
> Wandboard.
>
> Given a suitable fs image, you can use pretty much any OS to copy
> it onto an SD card (dd from macos/linux/bsd, or some other image
> writer from macos/windows).

Actually you should have another look at INSTALL.armv7.

The answer is in the chapter : "Install on systems without a supported
miniroot" then "For systems based on Allwinner Axx Socs" ;)

Re: banana pi M1

Stuart Henderson
On 2017/06/19 18:58, Guillaume Simon wrote:

> Le 06/16/17 à 20:54, Stuart Henderson a écrit :
> >> See <https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/armv7/INSTALL.armv7>.
> >> The easiest way is to prepare a bootable SD card using an existing
> >> OpenBSD machine.
> > What the INSTALL.armv7 doc doesn't say, and what I think the
> > OP is asking, is which of the miniroot-xx-61.fs images is suitable
> > for this particular board, it only talks about BeagleBone,
> > BeagleBoard, Cubieboard2, CuBox-i, Nitrogen6x, PandaBoard (ES),
> > Wandboard.
> >
> > Given a suitable fs image, you can use pretty much any OS to copy
> > it onto an SD card (dd from macos/linux/bsd, or some other image
> > writer from macos/windows).
>

> Actually you should have another look at INSTALL.armv7.
>
> The answer is in the chapter : "Install on systems without a supported
> miniroot" then "For systems based on Allwinner Axx Socs" ;)

Aha! Thanks, that is hidden enough to be non-obvious if you're already
familiar with the layout of this file from other systems!