availability of Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF, 3rd ed.

availability of Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF, 3rd ed.

Alastair Johnson-5
I think this came up earlier in the year but does anyone know where I
can now get a copy of:

Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF, 3rd ed. (updated for OpenBSD  4.7)

Paper or PDF is fine but devguide.net doesnt seem to have it. (Just a load
of stuff about a new joomla web server). Amazon dont seem to have 3rd
edition.

Quite keen to get it without a long wait!

Many thanks and all the best,

Alastair Johnson

Re: availability of Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF, 3rd ed.

Wesley MOUEDINE ASSABY
I also bought this one this morning ;-)
And have it on PDF also !! Thanks to NOSTARCH!

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:03:41 +0100, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Having heard a stream of fraud stories from disgruntled devguide.net
> "customers", this morning I bought a copy of "Book of PF, 2nd Edition"
> which has been updated for 4.8
>
> http://www.nostarch.com/pf2.htm
>
> within seconds of entering my credit card I had a PDF on my computer.
>
> Cant argue with that.
>
> Alastair

3rd

>> ed.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Your not alone, i bought his 2 books : bfwoapf3 and Oclc1, i received
>> only some chapters.
>> Never received the final pdf.
>>

>> Wesley MOUEDINE ASSABY
>> www.mouedine.net
>>

>> On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 23:44:06 +0100, Alastair Johnson <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > I think this came up earlier in the year but does anyone know where I
>> > can now get a copy of:
>> >

>> > Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF, 3rd ed. (updated for OpenBSD
>> 4.7)
>> >

>> > Paper or PDF is fine but devguide.net doesnt seem to have it. (Just

>> load
>> > of stuff about a new joomla web server). Amazon dont seem to have 3rd
>> > edition.
>> >

>> > Quite keen to get it without a long wait!
>> >

>> > Many thanks and all the best,
>> >

>> > Alastair Johnson

Re: availability of Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF, 3rd ed.

Fred Crowson-4

Re: availability of Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF, 3rd ed.

michal-49
  The books outlined bellow are not the same book the OP was asking about...

On 21/10/10 13:11, [hidden email] wrote:

> I also bought this one this morning ;-)
> And have it on PDF also !! Thanks to NOSTARCH!
>
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:03:41 +0100,<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Having heard a stream of fraud stories from disgruntled devguide.net
>> "customers", this morning I bought a copy of "Book of PF, 2nd Edition"
>> which has been updated for 4.8
>>
>> http://www.nostarch.com/pf2.htm
>>
>> within seconds of entering my credit card I had a PDF on my computer.
>>
>> Cant argue with that.
>>
>> Alastair

Re: availability of Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF, 3rd ed.

Matthias Ochs

Re: availability of Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF, 3rd ed.

Alexander Hall-3
On 10/23/10 11:10, Matthias Ochs wrote:
>> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=127426139631321&w=2
>
> 404

Not here and now anyway. Works fine from here.

Re: availability of Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF, 3rd ed.

Sean Kamath
On Oct 26, 2010, at 6:02 PM, Alexander Hall wrote:

> On 10/23/10 11:10, Matthias Ochs wrote:
>>> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=127426139631321&w=2
>>
>> 404
>
> Not here and now anyway. Works fine from here.

The link to marc.info works, but the link on that page
(http://www.devguide.net/bfwoap3) doesn't.  devguide.net has a short note
saying something about time to move to a new CMS, back soon, so I presume that
the PDF is somewhere, but not at that link.  A little googling also returned
this link: http://www.devguide.net/books/bfwoap3 and it doesn't work either.

Sean