autoupgrade without all sets

jungle Boogie
Hi All,

Reading the autoinstall page for openbsd, I don't see how I can select
what packages are installed. Does that mean all packages will be
installed and subsequent upgrades will also download and install all
packages?

http://man.openbsd.org/OpenBSD-current/man8/autoinstall.8

Thanks,
j.b.

Re: autoupgrade without all sets

Erling Westenvik-2
On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 12:27:33AM -0800, jungle boogie wrote:
> Reading the autoinstall page for openbsd, I don't see how I can select what
> packages are installed. Does that mean all packages will be installed and
> subsequent upgrades will also download and install all packages?

When installing manually, the installer provides a prompt for all
configurable/selectable options. For autoinstall you simply need to
provide the same prompt in your autoinstall.conf file (without the
question mark) along with the answer you'd give if it was a manual
installation, like this:

---8<---
Set name(s) = -xbase60.tgz
Set name(s) = -xetc60.tgz
Set name(s) = -xshare60.tgz
Set name(s) = -xfont60.tgz
Set name(s) = -xserv60.tgz
--->8---

Erling

Erling Westenvik

Re: autoupgrade without all sets

Stuart Henderson
On 2016-12-06, Erling Westenvik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 12:27:33AM -0800, jungle boogie wrote:
>> Reading the autoinstall page for openbsd, I don't see how I can select what
>> packages are installed. Does that mean all packages will be installed and
>> subsequent upgrades will also download and install all packages?
>
> When installing manually, the installer provides a prompt for all
> configurable/selectable options. For autoinstall you simply need to
> provide the same prompt in your autoinstall.conf file (without the
> question mark) along with the answer you'd give if it was a manual
> installation, like this:
>
> ---8<---
> Set name(s) = -xbase60.tgz
> Set name(s) = -xetc60.tgz
> Set name(s) = -xshare60.tgz
> Set name(s) = -xfont60.tgz
> Set name(s) = -xserv60.tgz
> --->8---
>
> Erling

You can even do something like

Set name(s) = -x* -game*

Or

Set name(s) = * site60.tgz

Re: autoupgrade without all sets

Alexander Hall
On December 6, 2016 1:10:47 PM GMT+01:00, Stuart Henderson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 2016-12-06, Erling Westenvik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 12:27:33AM -0800, jungle boogie wrote:
>>> Reading the autoinstall page for openbsd, I don't see how I can
>select what
>>> packages are installed. Does that mean all packages will be
>installed and
>>> subsequent upgrades will also download and install all packages?
>>
>> When installing manually, the installer provides a prompt for all
>> configurable/selectable options. For autoinstall you simply need to
>> provide the same prompt in your autoinstall.conf file (without the
>> question mark) along with the answer you'd give if it was a manual
>> installation, like this:
>>
>> ---8<---
>> Set name(s) = -xbase60.tgz
>> Set name(s) = -xetc60.tgz
>> Set name(s) = -xshare60.tgz
>> Set name(s) = -xfont60.tgz
>> Set name(s) = -xserv60.tgz
>> --->8---
>>
>> Erling
>>

>You can even do something like
>
>Set name(s) = -x* -game*
>
>Or
>
>Set name(s) = * site60.tgz

* should include site60.tgz.

/Alexander

Re: autoupgrade without all sets

jungle Boogie
Hi Stuart, Erling, Alexander,
On 6 December 2016 at 04:10, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2016-12-06, Erling Westenvik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 12:27:33AM -0800, jungle boogie wrote:
>>> Reading the autoinstall page for openbsd, I don't see how I can select what
>>> packages are installed. Does that mean all packages will be installed and
>>> subsequent upgrades will also download and install all packages?
>>
>> When installing manually, the installer provides a prompt for all
>> configurable/selectable options. For autoinstall you simply need to
>> provide the same prompt in your autoinstall.conf file (without the
>> question mark) along with the answer you'd give if it was a manual
>> installation, like this:
>>
>> ---8<---
>> Set name(s) = -xbase60.tgz
>> Set name(s) = -xetc60.tgz
>> Set name(s) = -xshare60.tgz
>> Set name(s) = -xfont60.tgz
>> Set name(s) = -xserv60.tgz
>> --->8---
>>
>> Erling
>>

> You can even do something like
>
> Set name(s) = -x* -game*
>
> Or
>
> Set name(s) = * site60.tgz

Thank you all for your replies!

Is there a method to have autoupgrade always use a certain interface
and fetch the upgrade file from a certain host?

--
-------
inum: 883510009027723