authpf dropping all connections when disconnecting

authpf dropping all connections when disconnecting

Craig Hammond
Hi all.

I am having my first play with authpf.

I have windows boxes behind my obsd firewall and I want the rdp ports

closed except for when I want to connect myself. Authpf seems like the

perfect solution.

I have a very simple setup.

/etc/pf.conf

I added the following:

  rdr-anchor "authpf/*"

in /etc/authpf/authpf.rules

ext_if="rl0"

sbs_server="192.168.2.2"

ts_server="192.168.2.4"

#Redirect ports to ts

rdr pass on $ext_if proto tcp from $user_ip to any port 3389\

        -> $ts_server

rdr pass on $ext_if proto tcp from $user_ip to any port 3390\

        -> $sbs_server port 3389

So, when I connect in to the obsd firewall, it does open up those two
ports.

What I find however is when I disconnect the authpf session, it kills
all

connections from me to the firewall, not just the ones to ports 3389 and
3390.

Is this normal, or have I done something wrong.

Thanks,

Craig.

Re: authpf dropping all connections when disconnecting

Almir Karic
> Is this normal, or have I done something wrong.

this is normal.

--
almir