amd64 bsd.mp keyboard problems

Rob Sessink
I am having a strange problem with the bsd.mp kernel om my amd64. When i
boot openbsd i get problems with the keyboard. When holding down a key
for say 2 to 3 seconds it hangs and keeps issuing the pressed key. This
leads to all kind of usability problems. This issue seems only related
to the bsd.mp kernel. I am using now the normal bsd kernel, but i didn't
buy that dual core pc to use only 1 cpu. Does anynody have some pointers
to fix this issue.

        Regards Rob Sessink

Re: amd64 bsd.mp keyboard problems

Mark Kettenis
Rob Sessink wrote:
> I am having a strange problem with the bsd.mp kernel om my amd64. When i
> boot openbsd i get problems with the keyboard. When holding down a key
> for say 2 to 3 seconds it hangs and keeps issuing the pressed key. This
> leads to all kind of usability problems. This issue seems only related
> to the bsd.mp kernel. I am using now the normal bsd kernel, but i didn't
> buy that dual core pc to use only 1 cpu. Does anynody have some pointers
> to fix this issue.

You didn't even provide the minimal information necessary for us to
help you:

http://openbsd.org/report.html

That said.  If you used 3.9 in your attempt, try installing a recent
snapshot.

Mark